My boss made me feel like crap....

Options
I told him I lost alot of weight! I went from 235 pounds in January to 216 pounds now! He said that i was disgusting for letting myself get that heavy and i told him not everyone is a twig like him! I acted unaffected but he really hurt my feelings......i felt like i was about to cry........I dont know how to feel about it.......he just messed up my whole positive vibe thing I had going on........I need a bit of guidance......

Replies

• nomorefatbitch
    Options
    Sweetheart, you should be PROUD of your accomplishments.

You don't need advice, you need a boss who isn't an *kitten*!!

Congratulations on your progress and keep up the good work :)
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Honey, don't listen to that! The weight loss you've achieved to this point is admirable. What your boss thinks doesn't matter, I promise. I know it's hard to hear things like that. =/
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on his comment too much. I have found recently that when people criticize me it really motivates me to try harder. Criticizism isn't always a bad thing, just use it to your advantage. He's only one person out of how many in this world? Keep thinking positive! :happy:
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options
    Wow! A boss said that. Hmmmm. You are doing great dont let stupid ignorant people bring you down keep doing what your doing. Cause you can always loose the weight but he will always be a a**hole..
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    don't let him ruin your day. You just keep pushing ahead. You are on the right track. That is a wonderful weight loss. Keep up the good work.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    How insensitive! I'm honestly appalled and offended on your behalf. But girl - that weight loss is a huge accomplishment. So what if you *were* heavy - the point is you're motivated and dedicated and KICKING *kitten* - and look where you are now! When people make comments to me, I take it as motivation to exceed their expectations as a big $%^& you to them!

So give'r - you're doing great!!!
  • MZNIKKIBOO
    MZNIKKIBOO Posts: 190
    Options
    how rude! we are ladies carry children & different body types from men overall! screw his opinion your a strong woman who is on a road to new found values that are much more positive then him!
  • tproctor
    tproctor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Tell your boss to kiss your *kitten* right in the crack! What a tool!!!

WE are all proud of you!
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that happened to you. That is a very negative very unhappy person to make that type of comment. You are doing a great job, please don't let someone like that make you feel bad. You are better person than he is to have been able to walk away. I would have told him to shove it up his a** lol. Just remember you are taking steps to lose weight and become a healthy person, what is he doing to stop being so negative? Good luck to you on your journey.
  • maryd4love
    maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    - Try your best to not let somone like him ruin anything you had going on. He does not deserve anymore of your time. You just need to tell him that he hurt your feelings. and walk out. do not give him time to respond.
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that happened to you. That is a very negative very unhappy person to make that type of comment. You are doing a great job, please don't let someone like that make you feel bad. You are better person than he is to have been able to walk away. I would have told him to shove it up his a** lol. Just remember you are taking steps to lose weight and become a healthy person, what is he doing to stop being so negative? Good luck to you on your journey.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    You are doing great. I actually think you should go to HR about what he said. Don't let someone that wants to drag you down effect you. Keep focused so you can go back and show him how great you do.
  • BuddhaBabeee
    BuddhaBabeee Posts: 105
    Options
    Ew lol what a hater. Ignore him.
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Girl, DITCH him! Especially as a boss...that was very unprofessional. You should hold your head up high and be proud of who you are and what you are becoming. You don't need the negativity....just saying...chin up you are doing GREAT!! :flowerforyou:
  • crystallized
    crystallized Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    First off, don't listen to him. Going from 235 to 216 is quite an accomplishment! Some people lose weight without trying, and some people keep weight off while they eat like crap. Not everyone's bodies are the same. Keep that in mind.

Some people are just cruel in nature and don't care. I really feel sorry for people like that. You took a positive step toward losing weight and I commend you for sticking with it this long. I too started my weight loss at 235, and I'm down to 193. It is a long road that includes disciplining yourself to eat better and be more active.

Stick to this website to inspire you and you'll go a long way toward your weight loss goal. If you ever need encouragement, just send me a message anytime =P We're all in this together.

-Paul
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Wow!! What a jerk! Don't worry about him..you've done a great job so far!! He's an idiot. People who feel the need to cut other people down are just making up for some kind of insecurity that they have. Keep up the good work!!!

Hugs!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Be strong. You're better.

AWESOME results!!! Keep at it!
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You are doing an awesome job! Keep it up!
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry this happened to you. I think when people make these comments it is truely a reflection of the other persons issues. I hope you are able to feel better. Your accomplishments are your own. Don't let you meany boss take that away from you..........A person that would foster and spread sadness can't be a happy person.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    That's border line harassment. Your boss has a boss. If not, go to the corprate office. He should not be allowed to talk to you that way.