I need low carb and high protein meal and snack ideas

roni99123
roni99123 Posts: 7 Member
edited May 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I am getting gastric bypass surgery in a few months. They need me to loose about 25 to 50 more ponds. Can anyone help me with a food list, and different snack ideas to help me! Please add me as a freind im new and could use alit of help

Replies

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Meals:

Chicken breast with steamed or stir fried vegetables (non-root veg such as broccoli, mangetout, baby sweetcorn, mushrooms)
    Tuna salad: 1 tin tuna, 2 sticks of celery (cut up), 10 walnut halves, 1 large apple sliced.
    Bacon and scrambled eggs.
    Substituting roasted carrots for sweet potato/white potato wedges drops the crabs significantly. We usually have roasted carrot "fries" with steak.

Snacks:

Beef jerky
    Tinned fish (such as sardines)
    Cheese
    Almonds
  • wanderinj
    wanderinj Posts: 2 Member
    something my daughter loves is to make some savoury mince or spiced mince and eat it in a fresh lettuce leaf. Some other ideas off the top of my head: hommus on a slice of lebanese cucumber, Rollup an asparagus spear in some ham. Homemade trail mix of pepitas, sunflower seeds, almonds and have a small portion. Hope these help :) I am assuming you need to limit your fats?
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Sweet potatoes are a good carb with a tsp of real butter (satisfies) and sea salt. Yummy!
    For something quick and easy that I've been doing to lose weight, I buy the salad out of the bag. I put it in a small container for my lunch and dinners (like a lunch type of salad or leftovers container) and put it in there, cut it up with shearing cooking scissors, add 1 tablespoon of my full fat favorite salad dressing like Ranch, add some jalapeños from a jar to help fill me up, other veggies or those crunchy things (1 tbs) and also 1 tbs of dry roasted sunflower kernels, and I boil a bunch of boneless skinless chicken breast with salt and pepper, and weigh out the portion I want (usually 1-4 oz) and put in my container, cut up, and shake container and it's plenty of salad dressing to fill me up.

Then a few hours later, Fage Greek yogurt (I get 2% because again, get full fat) j think lower fat doesn't always fill me up or satisfy me like the real stuff but all in moderation, right? I weigh the portion I want (usually a full cup) and add either a tsp of chia seeds and let thicken for several minutes in fridge or I add the peanut butter powder (1 tbs), some sea salt, and some sugar substitute like pyure or swerve and it's delicious!! It tastes like peanut butter cheesecake.
    For snacks, I love Walmart 2 cups of sea salt popcorn or white cheddar popcorn for 74 calories.
    Those are some of my favorites but of coarse peanut butter is a favorite as well with anything...my breakfast granola bar, Apple, banana, celery.
    Best wishes for a successful surgery and weight loss. You can do this!!!
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Also, I love a peanut butter and jelly sandwich now and then. I've been buying Tumaros Low in carb Let's Skip the Sandwich wraps in all flavors. Only 60 calories per wrap. I measure out my pb and jelly, usually 1 tbs of PB and 1 tsp of natural no high fructose corn syrup jelly...it's very good! Some of the wraps are like Mexican or spinach, etc. the Laughing Cow creamy Swiss light cheese is good spread on a wrap and add some turkey lunchmeat (no preservatives or anything with high fructose corn syrup) and lettuce or spinach and you've got yourself a yummy wrap! No deprivation of bread product. Hope these ideas will help you along your journey. Blessings.