Critique my plan please.

Options
ReneePerle
ReneePerle Posts: 9 Member
Hello all - so I'm back after some time away and trying to get back in the swing of things. I'd really appreciate some input on my plan of action.

I started back Monday at 147lbs, 5'5'' trying to lose around 14lbs of fat.
37 year old female.

I work from home so am extremely sedentary. I have never been fit in any way and find losing weight very difficult. Some days I don't do anything other than couch - shower - sofa - toilet - couch - bed.

My exercise plan is:

M: C25K (so around 30 mins walk / run)
T: full body dumbells - heavy - 20 mins
W: C25K
T: full body dumbells - heavy - 20 mins
F: C25K
S: rest
S: longish walk - around 10,000+ steps

At the moment I'm eating at 1350 calories per day regardless of exercise, and only having alcohol twice a week on days where I have the room in my calories(boohoohoo). I'm not one to track macros intently unfortunately. I tried that and it puts me off. :-S

Question is - should I be eating more calories at this level of exercise? I'm happy enough at this level but I don't want to undereat if it will harm my progress.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Replies

• aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I don't think 1350 is necessarily too low, but as you do not weight very much, you shouldn't aim to lose a lot per week. You said you are pretty inactive other than the exercise you have on this plan, so if those calories feel unsustainable or you start dropping weight too quickly (yes there is such a thing), then I would start eating some of your exercise calories back. If I remember correctly, C25K is progressive so you end up burning more calories as time goes by? If this is the case I would pay a lot of attention to your energy levels to make sure you are feeding your body adequately.
    I understand not tracking macros, I would make it a point though to make sure you are getting protein. You are strength training and trying to lose fat (not just weight), making sure you get enough protein will help with your goals.

Good luck!
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look bad to me, but with as little weight to lose as you have, be patient. It probably won't come off very fast. On the plus side, if you get used to this new level of exercise, you may find you like it. You'll probably hate it at first, of course, but give it time. Once you feel stronger, it will grow on you. You can lose weight without the exercise, but the exercise is good for so many other purposes: looking and feeling better, and better for your heart and lungs.

I'm 5'5", like you, but I'm at 176 lbs. I eat around 1200 calories a day with mild exercise, and lose 8-10 lbs. a month.
  • ReneePerle
    ReneePerle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thanks both!