Should i go for a run today?

Options
So I am doing couch to 5k Week 4.

Tomorrow and sat I am working (afternoons but dont want to be too tired)
Then sunday I am going on holiday, areive late so will be getting settled on Monday
So the next time I will be able to go out for a run is Tuesday

My question is if i go out today (thursday) will it be a too long break that I will struggle to run the 8mins of Couch to 5k on Tues

Should I wait till friday or sat so the break isnt so long?

Replies

• Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine if you run today and then run Tuesday. You might even run better for having an extra few days rest, I normally do.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine for the long break. Your fitness doesn't decrease that quickly. I took a two month break shortly after running my first 5K (Achilles tendon issues), and was back up to running that distance within a week or so of restarting.

Enjoy your holiday!
  • Determinedtoloseliz
    Determinedtoloseliz Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    That's both! Glad you said that as it will be easier going out today
    hmaddpear wrote: »
    You'll be fine for the long break. Your fitness doesn't decrease that quickly. I took a two month break shortly after running my first 5K (Achilles tendon issues), and was back up to running that distance within a week or so of restarting.

Enjoy your holiday!
    You'll be fine if you run today and then run Tuesday. You might even run better for having an extra few days rest, I normally do.

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    i agree, you really should be fine, but if you find that you do struggle with it there is absolutely no shame in repeating a day or even a week, if you feel like you need to.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Go for a run :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Yes, go. It is OK to repeat any day of C25k that is too hard.
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    IF:
    1. You didn't run yesterday;
    2. You can fit a run into your schedule today; and
    3. You aren't injured
    THEN:
    • You should run today.

Don't worry much about the long break and whether it will detriment your running. BUT - do think about the fact we're constantly building/reinforcing habits with our decisions and behaviors. Do you want your habits to make it easier, or tougher, for you to get out there and conquer a challenge?
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    wonko221 wrote: »
    IF:
    1. You didn't run yesterday;
    2. You can fit a run into your schedule today; and
    3. You aren't injured
    THEN:
    • You should run today.

This. :smile: