Girls only - add me!

Options
My name is Megan and I'm 21 years old from Daytona Beach, Florida. I love riding horses, playing music, freediving, and exploring new ways to become as healthy and happy as I can possibly be in my free time. I am a soon-to-be nursing student and currently work as a waitress. There's just a few things I would like to say while introducing myself...

I have been on every diet in the book and have gained and lost the same 30 pounds twice while I was in high school. I have also suffered from multiple eating disorders and a body image disorder. I'm sure if something brought you to a calorie counting website, you can relate in some way. I have managed to keep the weight off for about 2 and a half years now because I have finally shed my eating disorders and am in a healthy state of mind. That being said, weighing myself has been and always will be a sensitive subject for me, so I decided to ditch my scale a few months ago, which was a great decision.

I am not on a quest to lose weight. I am on a quest to find myself, inside and out. To be equally healthy mentally and physically. To be 100% comfortable in my own skin without always wanting to look like some other woman out there. To love myself just as I am and to know that my worth is not my clothing size or my bodily measurements.

If you have similar goals for your own health journey, I would love for you to add me! Let's do this together - girl power! :)

Replies

• melhale87
    melhale87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Megan! My name is Melodie. I am 28 & had little girl 3 months ago. This is my first day on here and I dont know how to add people. If you can please add me.
  • meghankoepke
    meghankoepke Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ^^Sorry, just figuring this out - it won't let me edit
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I was really hoping a dude made this thread....for the comedy, but since it's a chick no one will care...
  • skalioa
    skalioa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was really hoping a dude made this thread....for the comedy, but since it's a chick no one will care...

Right. I had to stop myself from making a dudes only thread... :smiley: