C25K Lite problem - worth going Pro?

Options
MsEmmy
MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
I've been using the C25K Lite app for android but if I have to take a call/ check a msg etc then it seems to reset back to the start of the run. I'm only just finishing week 1 (have been doing it for two weeks though!) and this problem is really annoying as then it's pretty much guesswork for the rest of the work out. I don't listen to music when running yet, but I will want to in the future and I've heard the Lite version doesn't let you change the music either.

Is this a problem on the Pro version as I don't want to pay if it is? Are there any better C25K apps for android?

Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i just count manually. so much easier. you can just set timers on your phone.
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Just tested it for you as i have the c25k pro version. I can take a call and still have the programm running in the background
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    when I'm out running I wouldn't take a call/check a message - it's my *me time* but that's just me...

I don't use an app, I just did it with a watch, and when it got more complicated in later weeks I wrote the intervals on my hand so I'd remember when to start and when to stop...
  • healthysew
    healthysew Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i really like the c25k app it says its run by run power, i think it was 2.99.its like a green circle with a white runner. i really like it and think it was totally worth it!
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys - I have to answer the phone as my son has Asperger's so I need to be available if he needs me for anything. Sounds like it may be worth going Pro :smile:
    A nice 'beep' to tell me when to run will do - just don't want it re-setting halfway through and making me think I've done it wrong:laugh: Don't really want to be checking a watch in case I trip over my dog or something:embarassed:
  • Lynderz
    Lynderz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have never had any problems with the C25K Lite app restarting, it sometimes does pause when I'm doing something else on my phone, but I can just unpause it. As for music, when I was doing C25K, I ran the Cardio Trainer app as well and played music on that app in the background, it's a great app to run simultaneously because it tracks your route and gives you your speed and distance.
  • WillbeWilma
    WillbeWilma Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use a podcast, has music on it to set pace and you get told when to change from run to walk. I think the guys name is Robert Ulyrees (?) Wil keep running in background or can be paused while using Fone and it's free :)