Binge eating disorder?

Options
For the last 5 months I've been binge eating 3 times a week and I have been trying to stop it but it's really hard and I always end up binging and losing any progress I made by measuring everything and plugging it in MFP on good days. Anyone else do this? It's so hard and being a stay at home mom and a full time online student makes things even more stressful. I was lookin at pic recently from October and my face looks huge compared to how it was then. I need to stop this bad eating but I feel like I can't idk what to so

Replies

• mcmahoj3
    mcmahoj3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Try planning one cheat meal a week. Actually plan what you will have. It gives you that small break from dieting as well as something to look forward to.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    For binge eating disorder, seek professional help.

When I do the following, I don't overeat due to cravings:

1. Get sufficient sleep
    2. Exercise regularly - when I get the happy hormones from exercise, I'm not prone to seeking them from food. Exercise also makes my stress manageable.
    3. Get sufficient protein in relationship to carbs. I'm not low carb, but reducing carbs and upping protein worked for cravings for me. See also http://www.nutrition.org.uk/healthyliving/fuller/understanding-satiety-feeling-full-after-a-meal.html
    4. Eat moderate amounts of fruit. This makes me less interested in higher calorie sweets.
    5. Take a magnesium supplement. This can be especially helpful for women premenstrually.
    6. Save foods like chocolate for after dinner, in small amounts
  • tinallen863
    tinallen863 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This was a problem for me most of my life. Getting rid of all processed food, that is, anything with more than 1 ingredient will stop the cravings. My sweet tooth was uncontrollable. Now I eat nothing sweet, not even fruit. For me all sweets are a trigger for bingeing. This is probably not the answer you hoped for. I understand. I would not have believed it without my own experience. Give up all sugary flavors and all processed foods. There is no easy fix. This disorder is not psychological, it is a physical addiction to carbs.
  • ummijaaz560
    ummijaaz560 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    This was a problem for me most of my life. Getting rid of all processed food, that is, anything with more than 1 ingredient will stop the cravings. My sweet tooth was uncontrollable. Now I eat nothing sweet, not even fruit. For me all sweets are a trigger for bingeing. This is probably not the answer you hoped for. I understand. I would not have believed it without my own experience. Give up all sugary flavors and all processed foods. There is no easy fix. This disorder is not psychological, it is a physical addiction to carbs.

No hun just a big carb laden full of nopppppppppppe :/
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    What is your current goal?
    1,200 calories a day?
    That might be too low and your body is reacting by bingeing.
    (just a guess).
    If this is so, perhaps upping the calories to 1,400 a day would help (as an example).

I have an opened diary. People told me to eat more protein and more fiber.
    Good people. Good help.
  • LeahP527
    LeahP527 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

If I don't have anything sweet that makes me go crazy and I am for sure going to binge! But I guess that just shows how different weight loss and binging is for everyone. I have found that fruit is wonderful for me! It gives me the sweets that I am craving with way fewer calories. I don't even buy sweets and the junk I used to eat because it wouldn't last. I like to buy smaller sweet snack items like fruit and applesauce and stuff that helps satisfy those cravings for me.

I also kind of agree with the cheat meal but I don't consider it a cheat meal I just build it into my calories for the day but every Friday night we go out for dinner and I agree that it does give me something to kind of look forward to, to break up my routine a little bit but I also plan for it.