Night shift tracking

Options
alpinexrose
alpinexrose Posts: 1 Member
I have a question for anyone who works night shift or another off schedule. How do you decide where to log each meal? I'm not sure what is working best for me so I'm looking for ideas. I eat breakfast around 5 pm, lunch is somewhere around 1-2 am and dinner around 8 am the next calendar day. Right now I'm flipping back and forth between days to log but it's getting confusing and hard to see a picture of what I've eaten that "day." Thanks.

Replies

• Cohalligan
    Cohalligan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I am doing a night shift tonight (May 1st - 2nd) and all the food I ate overnight is logged on the 1st. I consider my day from the time I wake up to the time I sleep... so for my logging purposes 7:30am May 2nd is still May 1st, and my first night shift when I am up for almost 24 hours I allow myself to eat more because I need to eat like 9 times. And my first day off when I get off at 7am and start trying to convert to a day schedule I don't exercise so I don't have to worry about lower calorie intake and making too much of a deficit. It seems to work for me.
  • Cohalligan
    Cohalligan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Because on a multi night work set my first day at work I am awake from 7:30am-7:30am the next day, subsequent work days I am awake 2:30pm-7:30am, and my last work day I go to bed as soon as I get home sleep until 11:30 and go to bed at 9pm.
  • hnahae
    hnahae Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I changed all the meals to first, second, and third meal and just log them on the actual day they happen, so the first meal after midnight is first meal whether it be breakfast, lunch, or supper. This way I avoid any confusion for the days I don't work and sleep like a normal person.
  • mwinslow69
    mwinslow69 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Two most of my Calories are at night. I would friend you!
  • Beastie1982
    Beastie1982 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I`m working 9 months full time night shift. I eat normal Breakfast after work around 8am soon after that I`m going to sleep. Getting up around 4pm then is my lunch and dinner is around 8pm. To work usually I`m taking fruits or vegetables and all night I`m pushing water 40-60oz. So far is working very well for me.
  • Monnie67
    Monnie67 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I work 2nd shift, I go to sleep at 2am get up no later than 9:30am workout then eat breakfast, plus water which is my biggest meal of the day. Be at work by 3pm, Eat lunch/dinner 6:30/7:30pm, plus water. Get home at midnight maybe eat a light snack fruit, trail mix or cereal, another bottle water. sometimes nothing then start over again. Plenty of water.....