Healthy GOOD foods?

Options
2»

Replies

• carriewright0813
    carriewright0813 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey guys...thanks for all your messages! So, apparently I'm being more strict than I have to be. I've met a really nice health coach on this app last night and I'm going to learn a healthy way of living so I can maintain. I'm not shelling out a bunch of money only to gain weight right back. I appreciate your thoughts..all of them and totally understand your feelings. I'm going from someone who ate what was in front of me to actually caring about what I'm eating. I'm learning and I won't ever say that I won't fall off the wagon sometimes but I'm in it and I want to move on to a sustainable diet. Thanks guys!
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I'm kind of surprised a doctor would put you on a VLCD to lose 45 lbs. If you do a moderate calorie deficit, you could lose a lb a week and lose the weight in less than a year without scary drugs and paying a doctor to monitor dangerously low-cal eating.

Everyone wants the quick fix. But the quick fix doesn't teach you the skills you need to maintain the weight loss, and after months of eating very low cal, it often leads to boomerang over-eating that leads to gaining most of it back. The diet industry is built on the quick fix - because it usually doesn't stick and you have to keep jumping on the next bandwagon, over and over again.

OP, I hope you reconsider. Whatever route you take, best of luck.

I have to do it this way and it is with a weight loss Dr. I have insulin issues and this is a way to reset the body. It will only be for 20 days of the low cal menu.
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    HCG can be very dangerous, has been debunked and is illegal in a bunch of places... did you do adequate research before signing up?

And also a subject to get your post closed....its against terms and conditions
  • suzyjane1972
    Options
    Hey guys...thanks for all your messages! So, apparently I'm being more strict than I have to be. I've met a really nice health coach on this app last night and I'm going to learn a healthy way of living so I can maintain. I'm not shelling out a bunch of money only to gain weight right back. I appreciate your thoughts..all of them and totally understand your feelings. I'm going from someone who ate what was in front of me to actually caring about what I'm eating. I'm learning and I won't ever say that I won't fall off the wagon sometimes but I'm in it and I want to move on to a sustainable diet. Thanks guys!

Run run as fast as you can away from the lovely "coach" you were contacted by....
  • suzyjane1972
    Options
    Setof2Keys wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I'm kind of surprised a doctor would put you on a VLCD to lose 45 lbs. If you do a moderate calorie deficit, you could lose a lb a week and lose the weight in less than a year without scary drugs and paying a doctor to monitor dangerously low-cal eating.

Everyone wants the quick fix. But the quick fix doesn't teach you the skills you need to maintain the weight loss, and after months of eating very low cal, it often leads to boomerang over-eating that leads to gaining most of it back. The diet industry is built on the quick fix - because it usually doesn't stick and you have to keep jumping on the next bandwagon, over and over again.

OP, I hope you reconsider. Whatever route you take, best of luck.

I have to do it this way and it is with a weight loss Dr. I have insulin issues and this is a way to reset the body. It will only be for 20 days of the low cal menu.

#facepalm.....nothing resets your body