Breakfast

Options
I love breakfast, it's my favorite meal of the day. Each morning I wake up and am super hungry within minutes of waking! I always have a super early breakfast! Sometimes I literally wake up starving and want to eat the minute I roll out of bed haha! I could easily skip lunch and get the rest of my calories at night. Anyone else wake up hungry and eat breakfast first thing? Has this been better or worse for you in terms of weight loss, weight gain or maintenance?

Replies

• ho11y4271
    ho11y4271 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite, I wake up neither hungry nor full, have a cup of coffee, then breakfast a couple of hours later when I get hungry. It doesn't matter how or when you're eating breakfast when it comes to weight loss, as long as it's within your allotted calories for the day.

It's great you're listening to your body and eating when it's hungry rather than thinking it's morning I should eat whether I'm hungry or not.
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I wake up hungry and eat breakfast pretty much straight away. If I don't eat within about half an hour of waking I feel really sick. I'm also up early because my son wakes early (between 5 and 6 am) so have an early breakfast.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    ho11y4271 wrote: »
    I'm the opposite, I wake up neither hungry nor full, have a cup of coffee, then breakfast a couple of hours later when I get hungry. It doesn't matter how or when you're eating breakfast when it comes to weight loss, as long as it's within your allotted calories for the day.

It's great you're listening to your body and eating when it's hungry rather than thinking it's morning I should eat whether I'm hungry or not.

Yes! One thing I can't stand is how people have been programmed to think "It's breakfast time, now it's lunch time, now it's dinner time"! It makes so much more sense to listen to your body and eat when you feel hungry. It doesn't matter what time of day it is. I hate how meals are labeled and how people think they have to eat certain types of foods because of the time of day lol!
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I get up drink water then coffee then eat