Weight Watchers and MFP

Options
Was thinking about doing Weight Watchers and MFP together? Anyone else doing and done this?

Replies

• Anabug81
    Anabug81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That is what I have been learning through my research. I guess I will stick with MFP.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Yep, I did. I consistently lost weight every week within the parameters of the old WW (8 years ago) and calorie counting simultaneously. It was free for me because I was an interpreter, but I wouldn't pay for it.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    My calories following the new WW points system are very inconsistent. They range from 1000 to close to 2100 depending on food choices. Since fruits and veggies are 0 points, those calories can up your calorie count. Too high for me to lose, or I gain some weeks, or so low I'm hungry. So far I'm maintaining my weight on it +/- 2lbs. I want to lose more, so I'm back to counting calories.
  • baciodolce18
    baciodolce18 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm sad WW changed so drastically. I was super successful on points plus 3-4 years ago losing 45 pounds. I was wanting to rejoin because of how successful I was but was really scared off by smart points.
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I left WW when they changed their program. Way too restrictive! All the "free" fruits and vegetables were hard on my calorie count also. I was always starving!
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I feel like there's some unnecessary steps converting foods to points when you can just put your cals in MFP. IMO.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    For those looking into WW, not only is the new plan restrictive and sort of woo, but apparently the website and app are a disaster, and they've outsourced their billing and customer service. Just spend a few minutes looking at this: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/nutrition/weight_watchers.html Good luck getting a refund or simply being able to cancel your account.

MFP is free and gives you the tools to make a real lifestyle change. No way I'd ever go back to WW given how much they've fallen.

The app is complete crap and gets worse and worse with every update they do.

The only thing I like about it is the toggle feature when logging foods. It makes it extremely easy to log something by grams or ounces.

The social media portion of the app (Connect) is filled with nothing but drivel and misinformation.
  • Wineandyoga
    Wineandyoga Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just switched to MFP from WW. I did WW points plus a couple of years ago and loved it. But like others have said, the new system is way too restrictive. On the days I was staying within my points, I was only eating 600-800 calories, and was starving all the time! The app was also terrible and I was unable to track at all for about a week. I've been doing MFP for about a week now and I am so much happier and feel so much better. I do not recommend adding the new WW program.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I like free.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    I like free.

Me too! I like how easy MFP is. I had friends who did WW and all they talked about was points. To me they got obsessed with "counting points". MFP feels more intuitive/ natural, and I don't stress about it all day.
  • Dove0804
    Dove0804 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've never tried WW, but wasn't the basic idea to simplify calorie counting and make it easier to do by making it "points" instead? So if you're willing to calorie count, I really don't see why the more simplified, less accurate, and pricier way of doing it would be necessary at all. That's also extra work more restrictions for you.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Dove0804 wrote: »
    I've never tried WW, but wasn't the basic idea to simplify calorie counting and make it easier to do by making it "points" instead? So if you're willing to calorie count, I really don't see why the more simplified, less accurate, and pricier way of doing it would be necessary at all. That's also extra work more restrictions for you.

I think points are just a marketing ploy to make it seem like WW has an edge over calorie counting. I'm not sure that WW is simpler?