How do YOU drink 8 glasses of water a day?

Options
I love water. I prefer it to any other drink.....when I'm eating carbs and salty snacks. I find while I am eating healthy, I dont' crave it as much...and find it difficult to drink 3 glasses a day much less 8. So my fitness guru's or just fellow dieters ....how do you drink 8 glasses? or better yet...how can I spark up my water?

thanks everyone

Jean

Replies

• sahbarr
    sahbarr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I bought a 32 OZ cup that I fill up at least 3 times a day and I sip it all day long at work. Just drink water and when you think you can't drink anymore, drink some more.
  • texasjean08
    texasjean08 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sahbarr....maybe a fancy cup? LOL I can do this! :)
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I carry water bottles everywhere , then just sip it through out the day
    You can get bottles with marked times of the day
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I drink soda or tea and eat food that contains water in it. EDIT: every once in a while I get up from my chair at work and take a drink from the water fountain, but that is only if I'm thirsty and don't have any other drinks available.
  • benevempress
    benevempress Posts: 136 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I use a 16 ounce cup (so I only have to get through 4 which somehow feels like less!). I drink one before breakfast since I'm usually thirsty upon waking. Then i drink two more over the 8 hours I'm at work, and only have to drink one more between getting home and going to bed. As you say, I rarely drink anything else, so it works for me.

The bonus is, I am usually getting up from my desk every hour to go to the restroom, so it gives me a walk-around break often rather than sitting on my bottom all day. :)
  • ho11y4271
    ho11y4271 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It doesn't just have to be water. I drink 1 litre of water a day, and a few herbal teas, a smoothie that I add water to and fruits & veg which also contain water, what I'm saying is though, you don't have to just drink plain old water. Maybe try adding a squeeze of lemon or lime to water.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i sip all day, but sometimes i'm not in the mood for plain water. then i have ice cold pellegrino or another fizzy mineral water or i have hot or cold herb tea sweetened with stevia.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of like you in that I don't like drinking when I'm not eating. The good news is I try to eat 6x a day and try to drink at least 1.5 cups of water at each meal. I also admit to sometimes adding hot sauce to my food in order to make myself drink more. Or, a little touch of peanut butter or something to trigger the thirst.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I have water with my constantly. I'm sitting here with my morning coffee and there's a glass of water next to it. It's just become a habit. Water in the car, water wherever I am, drink drink drink.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Not everyone has to consume 8 cups of water daily, some need more; others less & don't forget to count, the water in your cooking as well; as part of those 8 cups or more/less. If it's a struggle to consume, 8 cups of water daily for you; then you possibly shouldn't even try because your body, is most likely receiving enough. Too much water is poisonous, can cause your brain to swell & you can die. Remember too much and/or little of anything/everything positive, is always negative.
  • AliceAxe
    AliceAxe Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Ive been wondering this too! I got up to 6 but then it started making me nauseous to drink more so I had to back it off.

but I see many of you count other drinks as well? I thought only pure water counted..

I keep water with me all the time too and try to remeber to down a a glass before meals , usualy as I start too cook.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I fill up my 32 oz bottle at work 2-3 times a day then have a 21 oz bottle at home that I sip from all night too. It's really hard on the weekends to drink enough and a lot of times by Sunday afternoon/Monday morning I feel a little dehydrated. Well.....all the weekend beer contributes to that a bit too, lol.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I really just make sure that I remain reasonably hydrated.

I very seldom drink water
  • hhazzouri
    hhazzouri Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I dont
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    AliceAxe wrote: »
    Ive been wondering this too! I got up to 6 but then it started making me nauseous to drink more so I had to back it off.

but I see many of you count other drinks as well? I thought only pure water counted..

I keep water with me all the time too and try to remeber to down a a glass before meals , usualy as I start too cook.

Water in the food that you cook, counts as well; such as: soup & the nauseousness, was most likely a sign; of water poisoning.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Just buy very very very small glasses
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    With a straw. (Somebody had to)

Water is what I drink so when I don't, I get dehydrated. Remember you don't need to drink water to be hydrated.
  • Bud_
    Bud_ Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    As I work from home I simply have a jug (approx 10 glasses worth) which I fill in the morning and work my way through during the day. The first couple of weeks took some effort (toilet breaks(!) but these soon reduced) but now it's just the norm. I known I'm feeling the benefits and it really does also reduce the tendency to snack. Stick with it, it's worth it.