Not losing weight after gaining freshman 15

Options
Okay this is very frustrating because I have maintained a calorie deficit for the past three weeks and only lost a total of two pounds in the during the first week and nothing else since. I have been very strict with my diet but usually, since I am at my highest weight, the pounds usually fall off when I start dieting. My goal was to lose around 25 pounds in four months but I won't hit that goal if i continue on this cycle. I am still very motivated to continue my journey but I need some reassurance.
Thanks!

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    How tall are you and how much do you weigh?
  • Letshopeforthebest
    Letshopeforthebest Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'3 and 5'4 and I weigh about 141.5 ish right now ( I weighed 128 at the end of last summer, as you can see in my profile pic..ugh!!!)
  • Letshopeforthebest
    Letshopeforthebest Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

I'm between 5'3 and 5'4 and I weigh about 141.5 ish right now ( I weighed 128 at the end of last summer, as you can see in my profile pic..ugh!!!)
  • AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    How fast you lose weight depends on how large your calorie deficit is. A reasonable weight loss rate is 0.5-2 lbs a week. Maybe you need to reevaluate your calorie goal and see if you need to drop it down a bit. Do you exercise? If you exercise you can put yourself in a larger deficit. Moderate calorie deficit coupled with exercise is usually a recipe for weight loss, but keep in mind you don't have that much to lose if you want to get back to 128. You may need to be more patient with weight loss.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

You gained weight over the course of many months right?
    You are not actually overweight for your height so a rate of .5 lb a week is a reasonable goal Losing 8 lbs in 4 months would be realistic and reasonable. You have lost 2 lbs is 3 weeks. You are doing very well. Be patient with the process.
    Your goal of 24 lbs is 4 months is not very healthy or sustainable. That goal would be appropriate if you were 50 lbs overweight. You are not.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Hooray! You've lost 1 lb per week by maintaining a Calorie Deficit! Improve the accuracy of your logging, keep doing the calorie deficit for a whole 30 days, do some math, and observe that your calorie deficit explains your weight loss to high accuracy.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    25lbs in 4 months is a bit too aggressive for someone your height and weight. Something more along the lines of 25 lbs in 25 weeks is more appropriate. You are basically on track to do a lb a week considering that water weight fluctuations are playing a role in your current rate of loss. How many calories are you eating each day and how strict is your tracking? Are you weighing your food on a food scale? Do you cheat? Do you eat out? Do you eat food you haven't prepared yourself?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Girl, I'm 5'4" and when I was at 141 it took me just as long to lose 2 lbs. Relax, keep at your deficit, shoot for .5 or .75lbs per week.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Be patient. I have similar stats (5'6, similar age, college student, CW 127-130ish), and at this point weight loss is going to be slow (the past year I saw about a 10-12lb loss). Smaller people burn less, so the margin of error between weight loss and maintenance will be smaller.

I apologize if I'm a big meanie and burst your bubble (I'm irritable and in the middle of finals), but there's going to be no way you're losing 25lbs in about 16-17 weeks without losing a ton of muscle or starving yourself, especially with your stats. Shooting for a 0.5lb loss per week (versus the 1.5lb loss you're currently shooting for) would be much more appropriate.