Hi from London - How much does everyone want to lose and in how long?

Options
linziicb
linziicb Posts: 42 Member
edited May 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all, i am new to MFP. I was 250 pounds in January and lost around 30 pounds on my own but it has slowed down so i have joined this to keep better track of what i am eating etc. I am hoping to lose another 50-60 pounds and have set myself mini goals so its not too daunting. i am going on holiday mid-July and hope to of lost another 14 pounds by then. What are everyone elses goals? x

Replies

• mysticwryter
    mysticwryter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm curently 177# from 191; I'm wanting to lose another 15-20 pounds from my current weight. At that point in time, I will want to maintain that with a plus minus 5 pounds. As long as I keep myself engaged with working out and eat well, I'll be fine. I figure I can lose another 20 pounds by the end of the year.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    My highest recorded weight was 178. At my lowest I was 128 but I purposely gained over the winter (for da muscles) up to 144. I'm at 137 and would LOVE to be around 130. With my body comp and diet adherence 7 pounds could take 7 months. No joke.
  • puddles1450
    puddles1450 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am currently at 220 and I want to get down to 165. I have back, hip and neck issues so I am kind of limited to the exercise that I can do so loosing for me is kinda slow. BUT that's OK, as long as I can log a loss I am good to go!! Slow and steady baby!!
  • linziicb
    linziicb Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am currently at 220 and I want to get down to 165. I have back, hip and neck issues so I am kind of limited to the exercise that I can do so loosing for me is kinda slow. BUT that's OK, as long as I can log a loss I am good to go!! Slow and steady baby!!

Hey, i sympathise with you, i had a major back operation in November because i hadnt been able to walk properly for the previous 18 months. This time last year i was on holiday in a mobilty scooter, hence how i gained around 45 pounds. i am finding that swimming is helping and walking but like you i have to be careful with anything too intense. good luck xx
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how much I want to lose. I guess I'm in this for the journey; as long as I end up better than where I am, I'm good.
  • 48candy
    48candy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have lost 64 pounds over last three years and would like to lose at least 50 more pounds. I need more to lose more than that but I think I would be more happy with myself and my clothes would fit better.
  • jamesrandel81
    jamesrandel81 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was round 275 when I started here I'm now down to 245 I'm trying to get down to 200 and then muscle up to bout 225
  • spaling
    spaling Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well 50lbs by tomorrow would be great, but hopefully a visible amount by July and all by the end of the year, or so, if possible - I also want to actually complete the couch to 5 k app and not give up after a few weeks!!
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    linziicb wrote: »
    Hi all, i am new to MFP. I was 250 pounds in January and lost around 30 pounds on my own but it has slowed down so i have joined this to keep better track of what i am eating etc. I am hoping to lose another 50-60 pounds and have set myself mini goals so its not too daunting. i am going on holiday mid-July and hope to of lost another 14 pounds by then. What are everyone elses goals? x

Hey, I hit my goal weight today. Took 3 years but lost a total of 140lbs mostly from weight training. Best of luck!