What time of day do you exercise?

Options

Replies

• jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    weekdays somewhere between 6-9pm...weekends around 11 am. Just whenever i can get free time basically.
  • annafonte
    annafonte Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I exercise early evening, as soon as I've gotten home from work, just before dinner.
  • tri10806
    tri10806 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Morning?
    After breakfast?
    After dinner?
    Before bed?

When do YOU exercise?

All of the above! My workout schedule varies from week to week depending on which nights I have the kids. This week I've run before work, during lunch, and after work one day. I've also done P90X abs before work twice and two strength workouts in the evening. On the weekend it's usually in the morning though.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    yes

I exercise when ever I can get it in, all that matters is that I get it done.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Well, since there's no way in heck I'm getting out of bed at 5am to go to the gym before work :noway: , I usually go after work in early afternoons or evenings, depending on if I work a half day or a whole day. Saturdays I usually just go for a walk/run in the park or do some sort of fun activity that gets my HR up (i.e. hiking in the mountains).
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Mornings a little before 8 AM. (I work from home).
    then if it's a Rushfit 'double' day.
    I hit it again over lunch.
  • Davariluv
    Davariluv Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning person, but if I really want to hit the gym five days a week, it's easier for me to do so at 5 AM. It's the best way to start your day. It also gives me ample time to clean my house, do laundry and take a shower afterwareds. Now I come to work looking cute because of my new schedule.

Just get it out of the way, this is what works for me!
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I seriously despise sweat of any kind so I do it first thing in the morning most days while it is still morning cool to avoid heat sweat on top of exercise sweat. Besides since I'm doing it IN SPITE of myself and my lifelong aversion to exercise of any kind, I just want to get that part of the day out of the way and move onto things I actually enjoy. No matter what unpleasant thing I might have to do the rest of the day, it's got to be better than sweating! :o) ha ha
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I get up around 4:30 AM to hit the trail with my bike by 5 AM, and don't come home until 7:30 AM. This way I get my exercise in before the trail gets busy, before my kids wake up, and before my hubby has to go to work.
  • iceprincess69
    Options
    before it started to get hot i would get up every day and work out for 1hr. now that it's hot it's kinda hard.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I run at 5:30 a.m. on weekdays. Sometimes I run after work on weekdays. Usually I hit the gym on lunch with a coworker 5 days a week. I do a long run on Sundays. In the warm weather I go early in the morning. In the cold weather I go in the afternoon. So, I guess I'm all over the map.
  • ericcharleslindstrom
    Options
    Interesting observation this week. I normally go at 5 am and I am one of 6 people in the gym. This week I had to go at 5 PM ... and the place was PACKED! The really intreresting part was that I worked out HARDER in the evening because there were so many more people and so much more energy! Burned twice as many calories! I might start going after work and actuall sleep in now and again!
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I get up and workout at 4am on workdays, I will sometimes either walk or workout again after work.
    On the weekends I try to find something fun and use it as a workout, hiking, swimming, anything active.
  • Davariluv
    Davariluv Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    When i get home from work between 6-9pm.

Can't do morning workouts, I'm not a morning person, i barely wake up on time to eat breakfast.

Saturdays , If i do Zumba class its at 10am.

Hey there, I know what you mean about not being a morning person. I was the same way not to long ago. Now I work out at 5am and it's the best way to start your day. It takes 21 days to make or break a habit, now it's just habit and I feel great knowing I got my workout out of the way. Mariana
  • fozzie500
    fozzie500 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    any time i can fit it in,i work different shift patterns all the time,so it can be any time from 8 a.m to 11 pm.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to Zumba at the gym, I have to leave straight from work to get there at 5:30. If I'm working out at home, or running on the trail at the park, I'll do it either while my husband gives my son a bath and puts him to bed, or after I've put him to bed.

I always work out in the evening, never in the morning. I am NOT a morning person!! :smile:
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    After 7pm
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    5-6 am
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I’m split. I’m don’t really like working out in the morning but my wife does, so during the week she workouts while I make breakfast and pack our lunches. In the afternoon, I walk the dog between 2-2:30, then workout afterward. On the weekend, we never know what the rest of the day will bring, so I bite the bullet and workout in the morning.

I should mention that this is only my “major” workout; I do about 10 minutes of loosening up and tai chi type stretches in the morning. Also, when my wife gets home from work, we often jog, hike, or go for a swim.
  • kemmy45
    kemmy45 Posts: 59
    Options
    As soon as I get up and get my dogs walked and fed then another poop walk..lol.. it's then me time for 2 hours while my pooches take a nap and a couple episodes of the dog whisperer. (I quiz them when I get home..lol..) So around 10 in the morning for me.