What time of day do you exercise?

Options

Replies

• shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've only just started working out again, but last year I was just fitting them in when I could around uni. I've now recently joined British Military Fitness which is at 7pm in the week but on a Saturday at 10am.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    In the morning before work...I'm always too tired and ready for dinner by the time I get home lol
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I usually go first thing in the morning!
  • Add76
    Add76 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    In the evenings, I have my dinner after.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Morning. At 6:00 AM on weekdays and around 7:45 AM on weekends.
  • Skydemon53
    Skydemon53 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    On work days, I usually go to the gym from 1030-1200. I'm lucky enough to have flexible work hours, so I come in at 5:00 so I can take an 1 1/2 for lunch to go to the gym. On weekends, I do what I can, ride bike, walk, or go to the gym.
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    Shortly after waking up. I find it's the only time I stay motivated enough to go...
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5:15am and head straight to the gym first thing. That way nothing can interrupt me, or help me make excuses not to go. Get it done, and get it out of the way!

I shower at the gym and then head straight to work. I eat breakfast once I get to work, so I do all my gym workouts fasted.

I also run and bike during lunch at work a few days a week.

I haven't worked out in the evening in years, it would feel strange now.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    In the past, always in the evening after work, but before dinner.

But, I'm trying the mornings before dinner and before breakfast. (I do not understand how anyone can eat and then exercise. I'd puke).
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Anytime I can fit it in.
  • dewdrops4life
    Options
    I don't have a set time yet. I am trying various different times to see what I like best.
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    5:30AM. After work I'm pretty useless!

Haha Yes exactly what he said. I love working out, but HAVE to knock it out as soon as I roll out of bed in the morning!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I get up at 430 a.m. every morning and exercise until 5:30, when I get ready for work. At first it was hard getting up so early, but now I love my early morning activity.
  • Derinq
    Derinq Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    At this point - whenever I can with whatever I can :) In the mornings on Tue and Thu mostly, as I start late in the day (usually), on other days - whenever I get the chance to squeeze in at least 30 min.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    During the week, I go to the gym after work ....... cardio, weights, an occasional yoga class ...... then go home to eat dinner, which has to be simple ...... weekends I'm at the gym early, so I have the rest of the day off :drinker:
  • betrayalunknown
    Options
    I like to go to the gym at the crack of dawn..... because you should work out in the morning before your brain even knows what you're doing. hehe

plus, I find that I really do have a better day overall (both eating and mood wise) whenever I get in a good workout in the morning.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I don't get home from work till 8-8:30om so I usually exercise sometime between 9:30-11pm.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Whenever. I don't have a specific time-- I just make sure to do it daily.
  • Mrshunts
    Mrshunts Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    When i get home from work between 6-9pm.

Can't do morning workouts, I'm not a morning person, i barely wake up on time to eat breakfast.

Saturdays , If i do Zumba class its at 10am.
  • hiddensvelte
    hiddensvelte Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I prefer morning (5ish) when i do simple calisthenics, but my main is through a martial arts studio in the evening.