52 Pounds Down .... 60 more to go! With some pictures.

Options
jenni0605
jenni0605 Posts: 30 Member
edited May 2016 in Success Stories
So back in November of last year, my life finished being completely turned upside down. I had lost my Dad a little over a year before, received a surprise step daughter that moved in with us full time and then the straw that broke the camel's back was my husband leaving me. I was licking my wounds and had to pack up my boys and I and move back in with my Mom. After being there a few weeks I got on the scales and saw that I had reached 234 pounds. For most women this is too much, on my 4'11 frame this was extremely unhealthy and even deadly. My Blood pressure was completely out of control and I didn't want to get up in the morning........ever. It clicked that I had completely just gave up on everything and wanted to start caring again. My boys deserved a mom, and I deserved to be happy! I don't have a picture from November. I actually completely denied anyone a chance to take a picture of me. However, my nephew got this first picture of me at my sisters birthday party in January. Seeing this picture was even more of a wake up call than my out of control blood pressure. I have steadily been losing weight with the help of My Fitness Pal and Thrive. (Not pushing product, promise!) This is my progress so far. I have quite a ways to go to be the doctors idea of "healthy", but I am getting there, one day and one pound (sometimes it feels like one ounce) at a time! I hope someone feels inspired by this and realizes that they too deserve to be happy and can positively do it! You just have to believe in yourself! Thank you for taking the time to read! tlnigosdiw8y.jpg

Replies

• viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Good job! if you ever fade come back and look at these pictures!
  • paymentm
    paymentm Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You look amazing already! I love the top you're wearing in the last photo!
  • moonius
    moonius Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!
  • cardozm
    cardozm Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    wow !!!!
  • cardozm
    Options
    omg and I am 218 today !!! I need help!
  • jenni0605
    Options
    viren19890 wrote: »
    Good job! if you ever fade come back and look at these pictures!

Thank you so very much!
  • jenni0605
    Options
    paymentm wrote: »
    You look amazing already! I love the top you're wearing in the last photo!

Thank you so so much! Oh...got the top at Ross! :) Actually got it in the juniors department.
  • jenni0605
    Options
    moonius wrote: »
    You look fabulous!

Thank you sir!
  • jenni0605
    Options
    cardozm wrote: »
    omg and I am 218 today !!! I need help!

You can do it. Seriously!!!!!!! You just really have to pay attention to what you are eating and try and move more. I would go on small walks to begin with. I got to the point where I just knew it was do better, or I was going to be done. You can talk to me whenever you want!!!!!! I am here!
  • cardozm
    Options
    @jennie0605,, thank you very much! I will be focused
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job so far! You look YEARS younger in the most recent picture!! :)
  • yessie1987
    yessie1987 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great job how did you acomplish the weigh loss I'm having such a hard time
  • Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You look like 2 different people! I'm glad to hear how much better you're doing. Post these pics somewhere on a wall where you can see them everyday. That will help to keep you motivated. Keep it up!
  • jenni0605
    Options
    Fabulous job so far! You look YEARS younger in the most recent picture!! :)

Seriously, I could kiss you! The last picture was taken the day of my 36 birthday party. So thank you for saying the younger thing! It means a lot!
  • jenni0605
    Options
    yessie1987 wrote: »
    Great job how did you acomplish the weigh loss I'm having such a hard time

You can do it! It just takes consistent dedication! You have to stick with it. The scales don't always go down for me. And I do have cheat days.....but I keep going. Find something you like to do.....exercise wise. I like to dance (and I am bad at it). So I try and do that all the time when I am walking around the house. My kids and I have small little dance parties on the weekends. Sounds crazy, I know.....but it helps me keep moving. The more I move, the more I realize I want to move more. Redundant......but I promise, find something you enjoy doing and it will help greatly. And I definitely count ever single calorie that goes in my mouth. You will find your nitch. I am here if you ever need anyone to talk to!
  • jenni0605
    Options
    You look like 2 different people! I'm glad to hear how much better you're doing. Post these pics somewhere on a wall where you can see them everyday. That will help to keep you motivated. Keep it up!

Thank you so much!!!!!
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!
  • dtlp
    dtlp Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You're doing so well!! You look great! :)
  • jenni0605
    Options
    ZDeb16 wrote: »
    AWESOME! YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!

Thank you very much!
  • jenni0605
    Options
    dtlp wrote: »
    You're doing so well!! You look great! :)

Thank you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!