192 to 155 pounds. Progress pics (another 20lb to go)

Options
Snipsa
Snipsa Posts: 172 Member
I decided today to post the progress I have made this year as a motivation to myself. I have had the flu the last week and have not been able to exercise much, which has left me feeling miserable, so needed to see the progress to keep myself motivated.

A little bit about myself. I am very nearly 30 (birthday within two weeks) and have been overweight since I was a tween. Have been on MFP before (in 2013 and 2014) when I was at my highest weight of just over 200 pounds. I would usually lose about 5kg and then give up due to stupid excuses.

In January 2016 I decided to turn my life around and set the goal of being at a healthy weight (155 lb) by my 30th birthday. And to reach my ultimate goal weight (133 pounds) by my 31st.

Initially I just counted calories and added a little extra walking to my days.

In March I joined the local gym and started lifting (as well as more intense cardio).

Today I realized I had reached my initial birthday goal of 155 pounds and decided to take some more progress pictures to show myself how far I've come. It's not an easy journey, but it is also not nearly as hard as we sometimes "want" it to be - to sooth ourselves should we fail...

I have not been on a diet - I still eat exactly the same types of food that I ate before this journey, I'm just eating smaller portions and counting everything that goes into my mouth.

I only started taking mid section photos in March and back photos in April (so they are not from my highest weight).

The first clothed picture was taken in December 2015 - so that is my "best" before picture for now (I was extremely camera shy).

1bouqjxxzvyf.jpg

fxsbq6u2ghi6.jpg
bgz1zb07c39y.jpg

Replies

• 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Well done!!
  • nwd1976
    nwd1976 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. Keep up the great work
  • Hyperbum
    Hyperbum Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Great work. The difference is outstanding.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Big difference.....very well done! :)
  • mimomo96
    mimomo96 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are not only slimmer you are also toned and look a lot more comfortable in your body ! Keep up the great work ! You are an inspiration
  • Fernando618G
    Fernando618G Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    holy crap dude! your doing wonderful!!!! now your gonna start loving it even more, when you start seeing mad muscle definition. keep up this great progress you should be proud!!
  • paymentm
    paymentm Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you? I have a similar start weight and goals :)
  • Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The weight lifting progress is fantastic. Keep it up, you look great.
  • Snipsa
    Options
    Thank you everybody for the replies. I truly appreciate the kind words.
    paymentm wrote: »
    Amazing job!! If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you? I have a similar start weight and goals :)

No problems, I completely forgot to add my height to the stats, I am 1.68 meters (5'5) tall.

Have a great weekend all!
  • Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress! Congratulations on meeting your first goal!!! Keep up the good work :smile:
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!!
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
    You are my inspiration
  • GolfingDad5
    GolfingDad5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great job keep up the hard work
  • Zom_bunny
    Zom_bunny Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wow!
    Well done
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Nice progress!
  • stelloian
    stelloian Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Snipsa wrote: »
    Decided to update this thread today as I've been stuck at my current weight (142-144 lbs) for a few weeks, so needed to see the progress to remind myself how far I've come.

It's Winter on this side of the globe, and I have always loved my Winter comfort foods, so am finding it slightly more difficult to stay within my alloted calories. Luckily as I'm quite close to goal, I have decided that I won't mind those days I eat close to/or at maintanance too much, as I have to get used to this limit for forever. And I have found, even during these cold Winter months, that 1800 calories (which will probably be my maintenace amount give or take 100) is usually more than adequate enough.

Still doing some form of structured exercise(combo of weights and cardio) 3-4 days per week, and trying to walk inbetween as much as possible.

As mentioned current weight is fluctuating between 142 and 144 pounds (64-66 Kg on any given day). This was my initial target weight upon starting this journey, but I soon saw that to reach my aesthetic goals, my target will have to be lowered. Goal at the moment is anything between 58-60 Kg... Almost there - and actually very pleased to have met that initial goal!

Some more progress photos:
    n2c6p8t7036j.jpg

r4a1ultax8vy.jpgiq3hokke9xts.jpg

ik57oagngypd.jpg

You have an adorable smile : ) great loss! You look awesome
  • Snipsa
    Options
    [quote/]

You have an adorable smile : ) great loss! You look awesome[/quote]
    Thank you so much! Really appreciate the compliment <3
  • ltwhite09
    ltwhite09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You have definitely inspired me to push on and that achieving my goal is possible. You are almost to the finish line! Stay strong!!!
  • Kel_bel1978
    Kel_bel1978 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is very motivating! Thanks for sharing! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!