How do YOU drink 8 glasses of water a day?

Options
124»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    -- 2-3 cups of plain coffee (approx. 400 ml each)
    -- 1-2 cups of plain tea (approx. 400 ml each)
    -- 750 ml bottle of plain water
    -- 1 litre of Coke Zero

Total: 3350 ml ... 13.4 cups of "water" a day. :)

More if I go cycling.

Any less than that and my feet cramp.

You forgot to add all the water in your food. Unless everything you eat is extremely dry.

Well, I don't eat soups and stuff like that very often, however I suppose there would be liquid in fruits and veggies.

There is a lot of water in many vegetables. Broccoli, zucchini, radishes, celery, eggplant, cabbage, cauliflower and other vegetables are more than 90% water.

Also grains and pastas absorb a lot of water during the cooking process.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have a 20 ounce water bottle that I keep with me while I'm at work and I just make sure to fill it up three to four times a day. It takes a little more effort on my part to make sure I drink 64 ounces a day, but I end up feeling a lot better when I do.
  • LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this has been said, but I get flavored sparkling waters and have one each day with my lunch. It makes me feel like I'm getting a little bit of a treat/pick-me-up.

The rest of the day, after I finish my coffee, I have a 20 oz. water bottle that I keep at my desk, and I try to drink at least 2 of those every day - one before lunch and one after. By the time I get home from work, I've had ate least 52 oz. of water, and only have a cup and a half to go for the day, which I usually have with dinner.

One weird quirk that I have heard before and found true for myself - figure out how you LIKE to drink water. Through a straw? Squirt bottle? Glass? Ice cold or room temperature? If you pick the method you like and prepare your water that way, you're more likely to drink more of it.
  • MynameisChester
    MynameisChester Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I drink water with my meals and snacks. For the avg person that eats 3 meals a day and snacks 3-4 times a day, that's 6-7. To jazz it up, I just put a bunch of fruit in a pitcher, fill it with water and let it sit I the fridge. Amazingly refreshing and delicious!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I love water. I prefer it to any other drink.....when I'm eating carbs and salty snacks. I find while I am eating healthy, I dont' crave it as much...and find it difficult to drink 3 glasses a day much less 8. So my fitness guru's or just fellow dieters ....how do you drink 8 glasses? or better yet...how can I spark up my water?

thanks everyone

Jean

I spark up my water by making very weak tea - for example, one bag of green tea per 4 C of water.
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    At work I drink *at least* three 16 oz cups of water during the day. Then at home I have a 32 oz cup and I make sure to drink at least two of those during dinner and the rest of the evening. That's over 100 fl. oz.

I don't drink coffee or soda. Occasionally I make hot tea. Water is it, for the most part. I do drink a glass of milk 1-2x a week.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I just keep my daily planner out and add a tally mark whenever I drink a glass. I have been keeping track for about a week now and I get at least 5 16oz glasses a day during work. I often don't drink any water at home in the evenings but I bought a nice filter to try to change that. The home water tastes much much better filtered.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    I make tea. No problem drinking two pots of tea.
  • emmadonaldson95
    emmadonaldson95 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I carry a bottle of water the whole time to just sip.
    I also have 3 different sugar free squash flavours on the kitchen shelf which I make everytime i go in the kitchen.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I make tea. No problem drinking two pots of tea.

Me too. Each cup holds 500ml, and i drink around 6-8 cups a day which equals to around 4L a day..Yowsas I've never calculated that before! Plus I try to drink at least 1L of plain water.
    In summer I can easily get through 3L of water a day, I struggle in winter to get to a Litre.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    In delicious diet soda
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    It's pretty damn easy actually. I have a gigantic naglene that holds 6. I actually have to pace myself or i'd go over. I finished 1.5 today and that isn't including the pot of coffee or the pot of tea i drank today.
  • springmiyake
    springmiyake Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Water is the only thing I drink. I can easily drink more than 1 gallon on my workout days. I usually stop drinking water by 8pm so I don't get up during the night to pee.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I constantly have water with me wherever I go. I drink on schedule too. A bottle on my drive to work, about 12 ounces of coffee when I get there. 10am - a bottle of plain or crystal light flavored, and drink at least 1 or 2 more by the time I leave work at 4. Then I go to the gym and drink about 12 ounces there. Sip some more on the way home. Drink at least another 2 bottles after dinner. I never get up in the night to pee...seems like I would!
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    sahbarr wrote: »
    I bought a 32 OZ cup that I fill up at least 3 times a day and I sip it all day long at work. Just drink water and when you think you can't drink anymore, drink some more.

^^^this exactly. 32 oz cup 3 times a day and I add lemon to it because I find drinking plain water boring. I also drink a 17 oz mineral water every night before bed. Those and then 2 cups of coffee in the morning put me almost at a gallon a day. Can't be too far from a ladies room.

• kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have a 28 oz shaker bottle that fill three to four times a day.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I drink when I am thirsty. No need to work to a #. My pee tells me I am hydrated.
    This. I use the chart, too.
  • tonkacrew3
    tonkacrew3 Posts: 51 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I can't stand the taste of our city water but can't afford bottled water so... I pureed my favorite fruit combinations (freah, healthy fruit only) and poured the mixture into ice cube trays. I froze them overnight and then sealed the cubes in a zip lock freezer bag. Then, in the morning, I just fill my drinking cup, and add the fruit cubes. Now, I always have cheap, healthy flavored water. It has increased my water intake by 90%!

Hope this helps!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I drink around 100oz a day. I have a 22oz bottle I always have with me plus I have citrus water with my morning vitamins and dinner. I really like the lime in my water
  • lindarpolk
    lindarpolk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have a 20 ounce bottle or two with me in the car. I usually drink at least one bottle everywhere I go. With the weather getting warmer, I'll have to switch to thermoses to keep it cold. When I had a stick shift, I had to wait until I was in 5th gear to drink my water because I needed four hands!