Abs At Home

Options
Hi everyone! I used to work out with a personal trainer, but now that no longer have one, I have no idea where to start with my abs. I really want to make sure I cinch in my waist instead of building out and looking boxy. How do I get nice feminine abs? I need some inspiration and/or success stories! I want to know that it can be done without the help of a trainer. :#

Replies

• cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    First priority in achieving visible abs is low body fat. If I remember correctly, for a woman, that's going to be about 15% bf.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Do a google search for Pilates roll ups. And lower your body fat.
  • courtneyroyale
    courtneyroyale Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. So should I not bother even doing ab exercises until I lose more weight? Mostly I want to be able to see that line going through the center of my stomach (the linea alba, I think?). When I suck in my stomach I can see it, even with my current body fat, so would building muscle just tighten it enough to see that? I'm just scared of looking too skinny. I already have a slim appearance since I'm so tall. And I know I can't spot reduce. This is so frustrating.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    ab exercises are to strengthen your abs, regardless of bf%. you need to be low enough BF% to see abs (no direct ab work required), focus on full body compound exercises that engage your core, eat at a deficit, and give it time.