Crock pot ideas for the fire station

Options
azfire5
azfire5 Posts: 355 Member
I work at a busy Station and we like to just get something fast all the time. Would like to throw something together in the morning and have a Bueno dinner. Ideas from you peeps would be appreciated

Replies

• akathelma
    akathelma Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A fave around my house is Dr pepper pulled pork and it's super easy. Take a pork roast 4lbs or so and season it how you like, put it in a crock pot and pour a can of Dr pepper over it. Cover and cook til fork tender. Drain and mix your favorite bbq sauce in.
  • meredithgainey
    meredithgainey Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    akathelma wrote: »
    A fave around my house is Dr pepper pulled pork and it's super easy. Take a pork roast 4lbs or so and season it how you like, put it in a crock pot and pour a can of Dr pepper over it. Cover and cook til fork tender. Drain and mix your favorite bbq sauce in.

Can you use diet or is there something in the regular that does the trick?
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    my latest fav is English pot-roast. If u have a Fresh Thyme market they run this about every third week for $2.99.
    Use a crockpot liner for quick clean up. Put roast in crockpot. Cover with 1/2 jar any salsa.cut up onions and peppers and either sauté or lay on top of salsa. cook high 4 hrs or 8 hrs on low. Serve in taco or tortilla with cheese and/or sour cream. Yum!
  • annaweezer229
    annaweezer229 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Crockpot lasagana is awesome especially if you are making it with low fat cheese...the low and slow setting helps the cheese to melt better than the oven in my opinion :)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Check out this thread on MFP with TONS of crockpot recipes. It's 21 pages :)

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/372359/bring-your-crockpot-slow-cooker-recipes#latest
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    And my favorites are:

The hand's down, favorite crockpot meal in my house is Carne Guisada. It's the best beef stew I've ever tasted in my life, and make that aji picante sauce - it brings it over the top.

Chicken Enchilada soup is a close second. We use chopped zucchini in place of beans.

I make this Chicken Cacciatore with mushrooms probably once every six weeks. I keep it frozen in portions at all times. My husband thinks it's the best, and I eat it for lunch pretty often at work.

Turkey picadillo I also make and freeze. Sometimes if I'm super hungry, I pull a cup and mix it with sauteed cabbage for "crack"slaw

This Chicken Tikka Masala - easy and really good.

White bean soup cheap and more flavorful than you'd think.

This Thai coconut chicken soup is also really good and has a lot of vegetables in it. The only thing is I hate to bring it to work because I don't like the smell of fish sauce permeating my office, lol.
  • Jashmin1
    Jashmin1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    http://peasandcrayons.com/2014/01/crock-pot-chicken-tortilla-soup.html

I am going to try this tomorrow, all her recipes look great and she is obviously a crock pot pro :)
  • Jashmin1
    Jashmin1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    it might be helpful to know what kind of food you guys like? American, Mexican? Indian? Mediterranean? Italian?