Clean diet while on vacation

Options
2»

Replies

• kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Have fun. you can check online nutrtion information for certaqin foods and restrunts but if you have a few extra caloires in moderation do not worry about it to much just enjoy your vacation
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    If you don't REALLY want to break your rules, then don't do it. It is up to you. You can still enjoy your vacation without stuffing yourself with heavy meals, desert and drinks. Use your will power and common sense and take it from there. You are the only one that can decide what is the best approach for YOU.

I personally never understood the thinking that enjoying a vacation means to eat and drink everything on site and came back home with 5 or 10lbs extra weight with the hope to lose it later. That is like yo-yo dieting.

Yeah, but vacation is meant to be enjoyed. There's a difference between relaxing a little, and "eating and drinking everything on site." It doesnt have to be that extreme, nor has anyone suggested that.

OP: Nothing wrong with enjoying yourself in moderation, plus you dont want to be "that person" in the group who constantly says "We can't eat that because I'm on a diet!". Go, have fun! I'm so jealous of everyone going on these wonderful vacations! :p
  • koslowkj
    koslowkj Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    As a Wisconsin native, I say eat the cheese curds (making sure the fresh ones squeak), drink the beer, and enjoy (in my totally not biased opinion) the best state in the country.
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    What did you weigh in your profile pic? Doesn't look like 178 to me!!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone , I leave for Wisconsin Dells on June 20th which is about a month away. Ive lost 37 lbs so far and currently weigh 178 pounds. I would like to be down to 170 by the time i go which may be unrealistic because I am down to my last 20 pounds which some say are the hardest.

Anyways , i REALLY don't want to break the rules while on vacation. The fancy eating and late night desserts and drinks may get to me while being in Wisconsin. We are mainly going for the water parks and rides so i know i will be on my feet most of the day. Any tips for keeping a clean diet while on vacation??

If you know your big eating times will be in the evening, then during the day hold off eating as long as possible.
    If you do eat, just eat fruit to hold you over...
    Drink water during the day (or zero calorie drinks), not juice and other things that have calories
  • mappeal67
    mappeal67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think the earlier suggestion about setting MFP to maintenance is a good one. Don't aim to lose while you're away, but maintaining should enable you to have a good time without feeling like you're missing out.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hey everyone , I leave for Wisconsin Dells on June 20th which is about a month away.

Anyways , i REALLY don't want to break the rules while on vacation.

Eat at maintenance and have a drink here.

nigs-bar.jpg

And eat breakfast here.

paul-bunyan-cook-shanty-sign.jpg

That is the only rule.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    RGv2 wrote: »
    Don't worry about it, it's vacation. Enjoy your vacation and when you get home pick up wherever you left off. I always gain about 8 lbs on vacation and lose it after being home a couple days.

It's a lifestyle...except for vacations, weekends, cheat days...????

Yep, it's a vacation. I work out and eat well all year round, but when I'm on vacation I don't really worry about it....because it's vacation. I gain 8lbs of water weight and lose it in a matter of days after.

That's my lifestyle, and doesn't put any dent in my weight and fitness goals.

I never said anything about weekend and cheat days, those are your words, not mine but can be part of a healthy lifestyle as well.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Buona Vacanza Amanda :)
  • AmandaJuneFit
    AmandaJuneFit Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    WOW you are all awesome !!! Super cool that some of you live near or have been to the dells ! I am for sure going to be spending my days kayaking , horse back riding, go-carting, riding the roller coasters and water slides! I am looking so forward to this vacation. My diet right now is pretty clean. I mean im not all greens and protein but i do my best. I avoid junk food as best as i can and when i do have a treat it is small and i don't over do it. I don't eat the same thing everyday like i know some people do.

Today i have eaten
    -3 egg whites with mushrooms, onions, and marble cheese
    - .5 of a premier protein yogurt peanut crunch bar
    - 1 cup of shreddies ( as a snack without milk)
    - origional hummus with crackers.

I am staying in a hotel while on vacation so i will most likely hit a market/ grocer when i get there. The hotel has a fridge and microwave so i can always stock up on fruit and packaged salads ? We will most likely be eating out for dinner 4 or 5 times.