cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    LeanLeme wrote: »
    If you want to lose body fat fast switch to keto diet ASAP

I'm actually very curious about keto... can you tell me more? :) Thank you
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Keto was tough, it was a fail for me. Good luck!
  • elizabethpittman80
    elizabethpittman80 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love keto for the first 2 weeks I'm on it. Then it never fails I have a carb heavy food and I super binge for days and gain everything back. Yes you will get fast water weight loss but that will slow down. You need to ask yourself if it's sustainable after that.
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Keto works so well for me. I was having weird health issues which were resolved with a lchf diet. I can't control myself with carbs and I binge when I eat them so just eliminating them has helped control my hunger so much thus eating less calories and losing weight. Yay!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Not for me at all. Keto and low carb where not sustainable and provided no greater results then just eating at a calorie deficit. It was in no way superior to a calorie deficit .
    Instead I prefer a well balanced wide variety diet for long term success.
  • cecsav1
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Okay, why does everyone keep saying it's not sustainable? Low net carbs allow me to eat vegetables several times a day. Carbs are inessential nutrients. What part is unsustainable?
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »
    Okay, why does everyone keep saying it's not sustainable? Low net carbs allow me to eat vegetables several times a day. Carbs are inessential nutrients. What part is unsustainable?

I eat plenty low carb veg on the diet and I find it sustainable. Just have to get creative with different meals. My fave dessert is ricotta and cocoa powder with some stevia. Lots of neat recipes. I made lemon poppy seed muffins the other day with almond flour, flax seed, eggs and cream yum!
  • cecsav1
    Options
    vismal wrote: »
    Many people simply cannot stay compliant with the diet. It is sustainable as far as health is concerned, that isn't the argument. Most people are unable to permanently or even temporarily super restrict carbs for long enough to see and then maintain results. For those who are capable of this, the diet can show phenomenal results, but for most people the restriction is too large to stay compliant.

Thank you soooo much!! That's the best answer I've gotten yet, and I've even started my own thread asking about the pros and cons. So, basically, keto can be a good choice, as long as you prefer foods high in protein and fats to those high in carbs? I, personally, would much rather eat a bowl of tuna than cereal or pop tarts, so I'm golden :) thank you again. You don't know how much I appreciate your answer!!
  • cecsav1
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

It isn't about whether carbs are necessary, it's about sticking to a calorie deficit. If I dramatically reduce carbs I will binge eat. I may make it a few days on low carb and then one day I will lose control and eat 5,000+ calories. If I include carbs (and sweets) in my diet I can sustain a calorie deficit for a long time without binge eating.

Alright, yes, then it's totally about personal preference... again, I'm way more likely (and have within the past week) to binge on chicken legs than any kind of sweets. Thank you as well. I'm very grateful for you guys' input and experience
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'll get right on that.
    Carbs are inessential nutrients.

LMAO! DYEL?
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    LeanLeme, 3rd post and he is selling a product. Has not returned yet either. This guy is a troll.
  • LeanLeme
    LeanLeme Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    donjtomasco im not selling no product!!! I recommend keto because I see results in very quick time and able to enjoy the lifestyle