Increasing Protein

Options
Hi all, my goal for protein is 35% but I have only been achieving 12% or thereabouts. Does anyone have any advice? What foods could I eat in order to increase my protein intake?

Replies

• MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Shakes.
    Chicken breast.
    Tuna
    Eggs

Shakes and eggs are the easiest imo.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Chicken, pork, fish, turkey, jerky, beans, lentils, whey powder.
  • emmadonaldson95
    emmadonaldson95 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Protein supplements, protein enriched foods e.g. protein weetabix.
    Greek yoghurt
    Quinoa
    Spinach
  • rickyll
    rickyll Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    All of the above for sure. Cottage cheese too.
    You need to get that protein up for the best results! Good luck!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Go buy some protein bars in case you see yourself having a day w/ little protein in your diet.
    Stores like walmart and target sell them.
  • Jamiempang
    Jamiempang Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I hope you don't mind, I took a peek at your diary going back just a few days. One easy way to add protein is to do either a meat or egg for breakfast. I make a canadian bacon frittata and eat a slice almost every morning. It is packed full of protein and the way I make it is pretty low fat. You can also slip protein powder into a waffle batter. I make high protein oatmeal/apple waffles often. Try to focus your meals on a protein. Chicken, fish, and even turkey are good sources of protein. Build from there. :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The easiest way to keep the protein up is to have a little with every meal, every snack. That way you aren't short by the end of the day when you've used up your calories. You don't want to get stuck gnawing on a grilled chicken breast at the end of the day.

Eggs or Greek Yogurt for breakfast.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Decrease some of the fruits as they are very very low in protein. Increase beans, lentils, cow or soy milk, yogurt, eggs, cheese.
  • mmarie_3
    mmarie_3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Love doing Greek yogurt plain with some nut butter or frozen raspberries. So frickin good!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    mmarie_3 wrote: »
    Love doing Greek yogurt plain with some nut butter or frozen raspberries. So frickin good!

one of my favorite things is either vanilla or plain Greek yogurt with a few raspberries and some slivered almonds in it. SO GOOD! Another good nut option is walnuts, they are higher in protein than a lot of other nuts.

Cottage cheese is also quite decent as a protein source but I find it to be way too salty on its own. But adding fruit and a little sweetener makes it quite pleasant.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
    Greek yogurt
    Protein powder or bars
    Beans
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Nuts and biltong/jerky for snacks.
    Soya beans for veggies
    Wholemeal bagels
    Protein powder shakes / skimmed milk to drink
    Meats and fish/seafood as main ingredient for lunch and dinner
    Greek yoghurt (really check your packing with this, Fage 0% fat has about the highest protein vs calories, other brands/flavours can have all the taste, more calories and hardly any protein!)