Getting started - looking for a weight loss buddy

Options

I have NO friends who I see on a regular basis that are obese! And NO family at all. Is there anyone out there who is just getting started and would like a weight loss buddy? I am usually a positive and encouraging person and I need that too! I gained 100 lbs in ONE year (from a heath issue) and have never lost it. So I will be a slow loser. I just thought I'd get around to feeling like "it was time" and it hasn't hit me yet! I'm not getting any younger :-) I weigh close to 300 lbs so it'll be a long haul but I'm very excited to be beginning this journey. And there's no doubt I have some food hangups and addictions. Anybody out there in a similar situation? Just getting started? Need a weight loss partner? Oh, I am busy, like most everybody, and could probably commit to staying connected via email about 3 times a week. Best wishes to all you other newbies out there!

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    This app helped me lose over 100 lbs. You can do this! Feel free to add me.
  • crystalmorrison378
    crystalmorrison378 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I started my journey back in March and started using MFP about a month ago. I have found logging EVERYTHING I eat has helped me stay on track. My goal is to lose 100lbs within a year. I started off at 250lbs and I'm down to 226 right now. Add me if u like... we can help each other on this journey :smile:
  • susan2264
    susan2264 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new too and I got a 50 pound weight loss my problem is don't know how to start I know what to do but I struggle with depression and anxiety in which I eat I used be happy on how I look but also having back problems that I get injections for and I had neck surgery this past October. but I want to feel good again and be happy and not shy from the camera and just so you know right now my profile picture is 10 years ago. I can go on about things I just need friends and support I am tired of being the fat girl in the group of friends that I have in which I don't go to functions anymore because I am miserable and don't want to be in any photos, this is why I am pushing a co worker took a picture of me last week and saw it yesterday and thought I could just die god it was awful . I am really not a Debbie downer I never was before and was happy and loved being outside doing things now not so much
  • traceyh7
    traceyh7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. Im new 6 days in. 283 is my start point, so a long journey to take. I hear what your saying. I would also be greatful for peps to take the journey with and share knowledge, keep me inspired and accountable. So happy to be added to work together.
  • koreangurl
    koreangurl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome! If you need words of encouragement just add me up
  • RodActon
    RodActon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey susan2264 I to have depression issues and gained some extra weight due to medication I went from 185 up to 225 ,I'm slowly losing weight I'm down to 211 now and still going ,you can do it check out my website rodneyacton.isagenix.com or feel free to email me the nutritional products this company has are awesome and has helped transform people's lives both physically and financially !! Rodacton1@gmail hope to hear from you
  • RodActon
    RodActon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey mountaindesigns how's it going ,like to be supportive and hopefully can help check this out rodneyacton.isagenix.com or email me rodacton1@gmail sometimes we need alittle help
  • PeridotSoul16
    PeridotSoul16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting here, too. I'd love to have some fitness buddies. :) I can relate to what many of you are saying...health challenges, depression, not feeling like going out with the group, etc.
  • SharronWeston
    SharronWeston Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we're all in similar situations or have been. I'm persevering with MFP but need to stop kidding myself and get real to ficus more! I'm very critical of myself but very supportive of others - I'm in!