another newbie intro :) (150 to lose)

Hello! my name is Kim and I just started on my journey. I am new to my fitness pal but I love it so far. I am still trying to figure out the website and I honestly am confused when I try to enter something like chicken breasts. There are so many entries that come up!
I am 45 and i have 4 kids (who ironically are all health nuts) My weight loss journey started last week when I got on the scale and saw that I weighed 292. I was floored as I had no clue that my number was that high. I knew I had to do something. I joined weight watchers (the online only) and found myself here too. I log my food in both places and I know it is tedious but it makes me extra aware of what I am putting in my body. I like logging everything in here though because it breaks down the nutrients for me.

I am looking for friends and any advice!!

Replies

• fairylady1962
    fairylady1962 Posts: 36 Member
    Hi Kim, I'm Penny I too started at a very similar weight as you and Like you had no idea I had got so big. I have been doing WW online and MFP since last September. Both are really good in helping you eat healthier and being accountable, but it also helps to have friends who understand its not always that easy and can help support you on the way. You can do this. Very happy to be friends
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Welcome Kim! you can do this! MFP and this community helped me lose over 100 lbs. Tracking your food and moving more does it. Feel free to add me for support.
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    I wish you the best of luck! This is a really supportive and fun place for losing weight. I am constantly inspired by all the great success stories. On your comment about food entries (And I know I'll probably get some people who disagree), I had that same problem with what to pick when there's a huge list of items that pop up for my entries. I just choose (if I don't know the brand or can't scan the barcode) whatever seems closest to my item. I've been able to consistently lose weight with this method so I'm thinking that it works out alright! :)
  • JenniferSchaffer1
    JenniferSchaffer1 Posts: 69 Member
    Hi and welcome to MFP feel free to add me I am very active on this site! I only have about 60 more pounds to lose but I started out at 400lbs in Sept of 2014.