Sleep over working out?

Options
When I work 13-12-or even 14 hour days for a month it was hard to debate what was more important for my weight loss a 6 hour sleep if I'm lucky or lose that hour working out and get only 5 hour sleep???advise?

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    When I work 13-12-or even 14 hour days for a month it was hard to debate what was more important for my weight loss a 6 hour sleep if I'm lucky or lose that hour working out and get only 5 hour sleep???advise?

Sleep is the most important thing
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Sleep.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Sleep
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Sleep.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Sleep!

When I'm tired it's definitely easy for me to overeat to the tune of 1,000+ calories if I'm not careful, which would totally negate the 200-300 calorie burn of a workout.
  • tolose21702
    tolose21702 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone this will definently help me and my job is already pretty active and on my feet the whole time....
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    you don't have to choose. You can lose weight with diet alone.

It's so important to get good sleep! So don't worry about killing yourself at the gym!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Deffo sleep
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Sleep is way more important. As previous posters have stayed it you can lose the weight without the exercise but you definitely need to sleep.

Saw a documentary on television one time about Navy Seals and their training. During hell week which lasts for approximately 6 days they get a total of 10 or 15 hours sleep over those six days. The way the body compensates for not sleeping is by eating. during that time the seals can consume 8 thousand calories a day to keep them going.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Sleep is way more important. As previous posters have stayed it you can lose the weight without the exercise but you definitely need to sleep.

Saw a documentary on television one time about Navy Seals and their training. During hell week which lasts for approximately 6 days they get a total of 10 or 15 hours sleep over those six days. The way the body compensates for not sleeping is by eating. during that time the seals can consume 8 thousand calories a day to keep them going.

Yes. That is exactly what my brother experienced when he was in the SEALS without sleep -- lots of food.