omg im just getting fatter, whats going on

Options
hello all, so i am gaining weight. ALOT of weight. i workout 4-5xs a week and eat healthy drink gallon h2o a day. my arms are getting big my face my whole.body.. im like freaking out and its stressful!!! i just ordered some shakeology and hoping i lose freaking some weight even 1lb right now would make me feel better..

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You need a calorie deficit to lose weight, and it doesn't sound like you're in one
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Shakeology won't help, return it. Use MFP as intended and you will be successful.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    weighing your food is the only way to really be accountable. Eating clean, its hard to help you when you have your diary locked.
  • sunheechung
    sunheechung Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    what is mfp?
  • __leis__
    __leis__ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    what is mfp?

My Fitness Pal
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    mfp= my fitness pal
  • sunheechung
    Options
    i have mfp, haha
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Just peeking through your food diary in the last week, majority of days you haven't logged meals or even anything at all. Some days it shows you eat 400 calories (which I think its because you aren't logging, not because you aren't eating), and other days it shows 2,100 calories. Tighten up your food diary a lot more, and weigh all foods that can with a food scale. In order to lose weight, you need to be eating at a calorie deficit. Since we do not know your height/weight/tdee, we cannot know how much you need to eat to lose weight. Have you done any calculations yourself? :0 MFP was also designed to set your calorie goal based on your stats and activity level and the amount of weight you want to lose a week, what did it set your calories at?
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is scam product. Low quality protein and "superfoods" is a marketing term with zero validity. I second the return it.

Also eating healthy is different for everyone, you can only eat vegetables and chicken but if you're not in a calorie deficit you'll gain weight.

Track your calories using a food scale and eat a deficit and you'll lose weight.

Diet for weight loss exercise for health.
  • sunheechung
    Options
    im 5 5..165lb!! i just want to be 135lb again. haha how i yearn for my hs days..lol.. my mfp says i need to consume 1800 calories a day.. i will buy a food scale and start measuring. and i suppose i will return shakeology, any other good meal replacement or just do all natural?
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    im 5 5..165lb!! i just want to be 135lb again. haha how i yearn for my hs days..lol.. my mfp says i need to consume 1800 calories a day.. i will buy a food scale and start measuring. and i suppose i will return shakeology, any other good meal replacement or just do all natural?

Generally meal replacements will leave you very hungry, and for 150 calories more calories than what I meal replacement shake is, you could basically eat chicken breast with veggies and a small snack. :) I use them as snacks sometimes, not necessarily as a meal replacement, but because the one I like tastes like a chocolate shake and I love the flavor and its only 150 calories!
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options

The food scale will become your best friend. I'm 5'6" 166 lbs and I eat around 1850 calories a day. My activity level is set to active, also. I set MFP to lose 1lb/week and some weeks I've lost more. It's amazing how many more calories you can consume by not weighing everything. It truly takes the guesswork out.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    i have mfp, haha

Yes ... you're writing on it now.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options

Eat whatever you want ... just make sure it at or slightly less than your calorie limit.