In need of motivational friends, close to 100lbs to lose

Options
Hello! I'm Rachelle, I'm 31 years old from Arizona. I simply am looking for some motivational friends that can relate to me. I have always been a bigger woman. My weight recently got out of control when I decided to be a stay at home mommy. My active level daily decreased tremendously. I started to pack on weight, and I reached my highest weight ever of 297. At that time I was heavier than I was the day I gave birth. I started to feel disgusted with my appearance, my body hurt all over, the simplest things now seemed so hard for me to do. I now have high blood pressure, which was never a problem for me until my weight started to increase. I finally decided to make a change to prolong my life. I've been doing pretty good by the way. I first started to track my calories, now I also workout at the gym. My goals are to eventually be able to be taken off my blood pressure medicine. Also, I want to offer my son a life he absolutely deserves. I want to be very active with him throughout his life and I feel I must lose weight to be able to keep up. My baby will be turning 1 in September, and I already dread how I will look in the photos that will be taken with me in them. No mother should feel that way. I want to look back at these photos and be focused on how blessed I am to celebrate the life of which I created. I do not want to be focused on what angle I was captured, and how big I look in his birthday pictures. So far I'm down 20lbs. I strive everyday to make progress. I can't wait to see how much more I can lose in the next 4 months. Let's help motivate each other! Feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• celticmedic
    celticmedic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I was over 500 pounds when I decided to do something about my life. My daughter was coming up on her first birthday as well when I made the decision. That was 6 years ago. I lost 150lbs on my own with no surgery or assistance from a trainer. 3 years ago I fell into a slump that I have not been able to climb out of. Feel free to message me if you need support.
  • michellechanto855
    michellechanto855 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachelle! My name is Michelle and aim 30 y/o.I would love if we can motivate each other. I too,have the share the same story. I have decided to become a stay at home mom too for a year now and boyyyy,have I gained weight!! I plan to lose 30lbs. I'm 194lbs and this is my heaviest. Never lost weight after my second child. I understand how you want to be active for your little one because I have a 2 yr old and 4 yr old and I want the same. Lets get you off those high blood pressure medication and live a healthy life!!! Ive got your back. you got this!!!! Lets look and feel great! !!!!
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Come and join us in this postpartum group where we encourage each other and do a weekly weigh in.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113945-fit-fabulous-postpartum
  • ashatwell87
    ashatwell87 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am a little over my half way mark to 100 pounds! You can add me :) Anyone can feel free to add me as well! I am very active on MyFitnessPal and do a lot of Facebook Challenge groups!
  • kyuui13
    kyuui13 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if 70 pounds (currently) is close enough to your 100 pound mark for motivational friends. If it is feel free to add me! I was 90+ pounds over my weight and now currently need to lose 70. I have lost 24.4 pounds so far. Slowly but surely I keep telling myself.
  • AlyssaBrewer
    AlyssaBrewer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Alyssa. I find myself in a similar boat. I had 120 lbs to loose, now its down to 104. At 250 I was the heaviest I had ever been even when I was pregnant with my children. I also now have high blood pressure and also my heart rate is too high. So I am also doing it for my health.. I also want to be able to keep up with my kids... I have two step children who are 9 and 10, they like to go for bike rides and play soccer in the yard, neither of which can I do in my current shape... my two biological children are one and a half and then four and I would like to be able to be an active mommy for them. I want to model what healthy looks like for them. Anyways feel free to add me and we can shoot for our goals with a cheering section.
  • tonkacrew3
    tonkacrew3 Posts: 51 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi
    My name is Daria. I too gained a lot of weight as a stay-at-home Mom. I reached 250 at my highest. I am down 60 now but, it is a daily struggle to keep motivated and on track. I am good at encouraging others though and I haven't quit yet! Feel free to add me as a friend. ☺
  • tonkacrew3
    tonkacrew3 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh....I still have LOTS of fluff to lose, so I have plenty of time to motivate and encourage.
  • elisabethck
    elisabethck Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Elisabeth. I'd love to add you all. I also have 100+ pounds to lose! I'd love to have some friends who are facing the same struggles. Thank you in advance!
  • AlyssaAnne03
    AlyssaAnne03 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've got 100lbs to lose too <3
  • AlyssaAnne03
    AlyssaAnne03 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 256 right now and I want to get down to 145-155
    That would be very lean for me. My current goal is just to get down to 190. I'm a very dense person and was very lean at 160 lifting weights a lot. My legs were larger than I'd like. I'm naturally very muscular. My other goal is to get to size 8 in pants
  • brinalejeune
    brinalejeune Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    Please add me as I would love to have some people in my online-life who struggle the same as I! I want to loose "only" 5 kilos but I'm trying to for years! I have a 15 month old boy who is very active. With bad knees and extra weight it's sometimes hard to keep up. I need to move more and built strength. It would be great if we could support each other in reaching our goals!
  • madigan731
    madigan731 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm on a 500+ day streak and I log everything - the good stuff and the binges. Heaviest was 261 - got to 220 & regained 30. I need motivation badly.