What are YOUR macros??

Options
Title says it all. I'm curious as to what everyone does as their macros. Feel free to add why you chose those and any benefits from them. Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Eddie__Jones
    Eddie__Jones Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    193p, 193c, 73f.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    285g protein, 84g fats, 475g carbs. I'm always a little high on protein, sometimes fats, too (at the expense of some carbs.)

I picked the fats number to be at .35-.4g per pound of body weight for no other reason than I've heard Drs. Mike Israetel and Layne Norton say that should be your minimum. The protein goal started at 1g/lbs, but crept up slowly as I reverse dieted after my last cut. Then I just fill up the rest of my calories with carbs because... well, carbs are love, carbs are life.
  • ho11y4271
    ho11y4271 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    fat 54g carbs 158g protein 70g

These are macros I can stick to and works well in my diet.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    fat 136g / carbs 70g / protein 88g
  • vhuang121
    vhuang121 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Trying to shed some fat so I try get under 20 carbs, at least 1g of protein per body weight so 150g or more and enough fats but no more that 20g of saturated fat
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My carbs change a few times a week
    Protein goes up workout days
    C 100-120 ( higher carb days 150-190)
    P 140-180
    F 70-80
  • dropitlikeasquat87
    dropitlikeasquat87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    C 167 f 46 p 137
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Well, mine varies by grams as I have my calories zig-zagged plus I allow a bit more carbs on workout days and a bit more protein thus the fat is slightly lower.

Carbs 91g
    Fat 64g
    Protein 127g
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    fat 101g / carbs 16g / protein 81g

I'm HFLC, so:

Fat macro: not something I try to hit but its fine if I do. I add fat to meet satiety and will not purposely reject a food based on this macro. Some days I meet it, go over, but most days I'm under it.

carb macro: I'm usually under [net] but don't stress if I go over by eating whole fresh foods (vegs/fruits), to a point. My carb overages are also limited by my autoimmune reactions, so too many "good" carbs can cause a reaction. Bread, cookies, sugary drinks, etc usually equal nearly immediate reactions if not then within an hour or 2, so they are off limits or few and far between. I will & do reject high carby foods as they reduce my satiety feelings and and create issues (autoimmune/cravings/headaches, etc) for me.

Protein macro: I try to reach or get close to this in order to retain muscle as I lift and do various kinds of exercise most days. I try really hard not to go over as too much can trigger the above symptoms. I will reduce (not omit) these foods to what my macros allow.

With all of the above being said, if at the end of the day I'm hungry, I will eat whether my macros says I can or not. Doesn't happen often but I listen. I may not lose the fastest but I am losing, do not feel deprived, and feel better than I have ever in my life!
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Bump. To read later.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Everyone always gets thrown off when they look at my diary because I go by what my trainer set for me and just attempted to adjust my diary to make it as close as possible (why don't they have a fully customizable option!?)

Calories - 1,400
    Protein - 110 grams
    Sugar - below 40 grams
    Carbs - below 130 grams
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Not really tracking atm but they usually are around:

Protein: 135g
    Fat: 105g
    Carbs: 304g
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Fat: 45g
    Carbs: 161g
    Protein: 125g
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Everyone always gets thrown off when they look at my diary because I go by what my trainer set for me and just attempted to adjust my diary to make it as close as possible (why don't they have a fully customizable option!?)

Calories - 1,400
    Protein - 110 grams
    Sugar - below 40 grams
    Carbs - below 130 grams

They do -- but you have to pay for the app.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Protein - 1g per lb of estimated LBM (minimum)
    Fat - 0.4g per lb of bodyweight (minimum)
    Carbs - wherever they happen to fall within calorie allowance.

Base calories 2000 + loads of exercise cals.

Protein and fat as minimums is far more flexible than set numbers or percentages.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    30% carbs
    35% protein
    35% fat
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    For the purposes of MFP, 35% protein, 35% carbs and 30% fat, but I target a 200 grams of protein and 70 grams of fat per day. That's based on 0.35 grams of fat per pound of body weight and 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight (extra protein because I'm cutting and 43 years old).
  • cmtristani
    cmtristani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have a goal of 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat. I am usually under protein a little bit, but that's what I shoot for.
  • MsND
    MsND Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm setting my macros at 5% carbs, 25% protein and 70% fat. The point is to lower my base insulin rate, then keep it low when I eat. I'm down 6 in two weeks. And the meals keep me full, no need for snacking.