Hit my goal weight, but I'm still not happy with how I look! 5'3 155 to 135

Options
oneallmama
oneallmama Posts: 108 Member
edited May 2016 in Success Stories
These pictures are a year apart at the same place (Dinosaur World)
2c21svc2629f.jpg

7ja2slnnis2p.jpg

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I think you look great!
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I think you look great too. I can definitely see a difference.
    My question is why are you not happy with your results? Do you still have more fat you'd like to lose? Have you tried lifting weights, or did you do just cardio?
  • hallcm75
    hallcm75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can clearly see a difference between the 2 photos! You look great, don't be so hard on yourself.
  • sierrabrooke123
    sierrabrooke123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think you look awesome! (Btw I'm the same height, with the same goal weight), However if you still aren't happy about it, reconsider your routine. Just like what trinairby wrote you may want to consider weights. If you're weights aren't heavy enough, definitely go get more, but you can also increase the number of reps you do per set. Another thing to consider is resistance bands, there are lots of different things you can do with them to tone up. Something you can try with just a chair and your body weight are dips, they were so hard for me at first but now I've become a master! Push ups are awesome for arms as well, and they too don't require equipment. I suck at doing military style push ups so I just cross my legs at the knee and do "girl" style push ups. If those are still too difficult, you can start doing them off the wall, standing up. Just a few ideas!
  • oneallmama
    Options
    trinairby wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    They aren't. You'd be better off doing some sort of bodyweight training - such as some form of pushup (regular, if possible - if not, then more upright, as in pushing off a chair or counter). Also, you'll probably just have to keep at a small deficit, as you can't spot reduce fat. But doing some form of resistance training can help with muscle, which may help with the "look" of your arms.

Agreed, 1lbs are not heavy enough, you need at least 5 and then graduate to 10 and then 15 when ready.
    Push ups are awesome for arms as well, and they too don't require equipment. I suck at doing military style push ups so I just cross my legs at the knee and do "girl" style push ups. If those are still too difficult, you can start doing them off the wall, standing up. Just a few ideas!

I've been doing pushups for the past 6 weeks or so and I can definitely see a difference in my arms. My husband has noticed too.

I'll definitely check out the heavier weights tonight when I go out. My worry is that I'll gain too much muscle? I just want all of the flab off of my arms lol...
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!!!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    You won't gain too much muscle, no worries...lifting will help to sculpt what you've worked so hard to get down to. You'll notice changes in the shape and firmness of everything...and you don't have to lift MAJORLY heavy...you can pick up a couple of kettle bells, they do a nice job....I have slowly accumulated and now have two 5 lb, a 15 lb and a 20 lb. That doesn't sound like much, but they burn fat well and are fun to use once you get the hang of them. You could also incorporate more body weight resistance exercises....Fitness Blender has literally hundreds to choose from, at all different fitness levels and styles. I'm 5'2....hit maintenance in December, and find that playing with weights and changing up my workouts often changed/tightened up my whole body, from my calves all the way to my shoulders. WITHOUT looking "manly"....lol
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    oneallmama wrote: »
    trinairby wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    They aren't. You'd be better off doing some sort of bodyweight training - such as some form of pushup (regular, if possible - if not, then more upright, as in pushing off a chair or counter). Also, you'll probably just have to keep at a small deficit, as you can't spot reduce fat. But doing some form of resistance training can help with muscle, which may help with the "look" of your arms.

Agreed, 1lbs are not heavy enough, you need at least 5 and then graduate to 10 and then 15 when ready.
    Push ups are awesome for arms as well, and they too don't require equipment. I suck at doing military style push ups so I just cross my legs at the knee and do "girl" style push ups. If those are still too difficult, you can start doing them off the wall, standing up. Just a few ideas!

I've been doing pushups for the past 6 weeks or so and I can definitely see a difference in my arms. My husband has noticed too.

I'll definitely check out the heavier weights tonight when I go out. My worry is that I'll gain too much muscle? I just want all of the flab off of my arms lol...

Unless you're using an illegal substance, it's highly unlikely you'd get bulky. Check out this thread, community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/977538/halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky/
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
  • oneallmama
    Options

Thanks for linking that thread!!! There are some very inspiring posts on there :)
  • trollerskates
    trollerskates Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You look great. Body dismorphia is real. But if you want more tone build some muscle.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You look great. I'm an inch taller than you and about the same weight. Strength training will make a huge difference...
  • MelissaLimeKiwi
    MelissaLimeKiwi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I do strength videos at home, and I started with 2 lb Dumbbells. After couple weeks I started using the 5 lbs on certain exercises. After about two months I can do whole workouts with the 5 lbs and now at 3 months of consistent exercise Im adding in 8 lb Dumbbells. You have to start somewhere. Great job on the loss! You look great.
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You look great. My goal is also 135 but im 5'7" im about 7-8 lbs away and im worried i wont be happy there either even though it will be my best since high school. But hey if you arent pleased keep going
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!