How to tone my baby belly and legs?!

Options
Hi Everyone! I am Kayleigh, and for the first time am really serious about getting in shape!
I had a baby almost 2 years ago and found it pretty easy to lose my "baby weight" working full time and being a mummy, but now want to lose the little thats left and tone up specific areas.
So far using MFP, sticking with 1200 cals a day, clean eating and doing a home work out 4 days a week (Charlotte Crosby 3 minute belly blitz) I have lost 7lb and can see a small difference, but I really want to lose my baby pouch and tone it along with my legs.
Any advice and tips on how to do it, success stories etc so welcome!!

Replies

• trollerskates
    trollerskates Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You cant really spot reduce fat. Just walk everyday and consume no sugars
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

You were right with the spot reduce part but the no sugars is not necessary.

I'd start a beginners lifting programme and create a small calorie deficit rather than be as low as 1200.
  • tallulahtompsett1988
    tallulahtompsett1988 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Cal control is going really well in all honesty and i feel great for it, its more what exercises work for toning those areas if anyone has any tips?
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    No, you can't spot reduce but you can get more definition in those areas, for me doing planks, push ups, headstands or handstands which require my core and legs to keep me balanced helped, I also use my pull up bar at home to do ab exercises like hanging and raising my legs to my chest (tucking) also help :) x
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I really want to lose my baby pouch and tone it along with my legs

The baby pooch is fat, and maybe some loose skin too. Exercises don't target either of those. You can't "tone" fat, sorry. If you want to build up the muscle under the fat, follow a good, full-body strength program, like Stronglifts or NROL4W, if you belong to a gym. :+1:
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

No sugars? Nah. Can't spot reduce but a calorie deficit made ANY way will reduce fat.
  • tallulahtompsett1988
    tallulahtompsett1988 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.
  • davehogg1990
    davehogg1990 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    What's spot reduce? I have a sugar gut I need to get rid of. Thanks
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    What's spot reduce? I have a sugar gut I need to get rid of. Thanks

Spot reducing means target fat loss in a specific area. It's not possible. You don't have a sugar gut, you have fat in a certain area. The only way to get rid of body fat is to eat fewer calories than you burn.
  • davehogg1990
    davehogg1990 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've started to do so as it makes me self conscious now. Thanks for that
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    There's no such thing as toning. You either lose muscle, maintain muscle or build muscle. You can't tone it. Same with fat. If you want to lose fat you need to eat at a calorie deficit and where you lose fat will be completely dependent on your genetics. If you want to build muscle you need to eat at a surplus and strength train. Decide what your goal is and do it.