Majic Diet

Options
I went to visit my inlaws today for the first time since Christmas and I have lost 40 lbs since I saw them. They asked me my "secret" which I shared with them. I am NOT the type to fish for compliments simply because I hate attention on myself but they all sat there and laterally stared at me as if I had walked off a spaceship as I explained that I count every calorie and walk each calorie off. I don't run, I dont lift (yet), I don't obsess over it. I make it simple so I can do and eat what I enjoy and live my life. They laughed and told me that they didn't have "time" to live on 1400 calories a day. My sis in law especially acted like I was a freak when I told her I weigh my food and just eat what fits my calories. I just want to help people when they ask but my answers are not good enough! Despite the fact I have lost 40lbs, My way is insane to them

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Truth
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    People don't like to believe that there aren't any quick fixes. Great job :)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Tell them to to have fun with all the success they're having doing it their way, then drop the mic.
  • VividVegan
    VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Maybe they're concerned about your health? Not gonna lie, that's how I became anorexic (low calorie intake, low activity, and eat whatever).
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I love your post op ! Good for you! Don't worry about your in laws. You got this!
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Awesome and good for you!

My in laws are trying every fad diet on the planet, and they typically lose like five pounds between them the first week and give up. This time they are giving up meat, but they love meat. Here I am seeing them every week and I'm down 33lbs, and they absolutely refuse to try doing what I'm doing. It's nuts.
  • bohbly
    bohbly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Well done on your loss
    Don't mind them, people don't won't to believe it's that simple
  • Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your awesome weight loss OP! Keep up the good work! Don't pay any attention to what others think about your approach and success--you know what you are doing. B)
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss.

I've stopped telling people what I'm doing to lose weight. I just use vague terms, like, "I'm just trying to eat better". If people want to stick their heads in the sand and not lose weight, that's got nothing to do with me, so I just let them.
  • jcaldrete
    jcaldrete Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I loved this post; a great attitude! Especially the 'don't obsess' part!
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Yeah, this is the only "diet" where I get to eat pulled pork, steak, burgers, ice cream, cake, etc. and lose weight and feel good. It's also the only "diet" that has made asparagus, brussel sprouts, and salad taste amazing. I'm glad I have "time" for it.