Have you ever gone INSANE and went off limits intentionally? ?

Options
Wondering if anyone here gone insane for only day during weight loss journey and ate like crazy, countlessly and binged even without logging in food to your diary? ( ofocurse nobody will log when they know they are totally mistaken. ..

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,146 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    NO!!!!
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Are you being overly restrictive?

I don't eat "clean" by any stretch of the imagination. If I want anything, I work it (or a close facsimile) into my calories.
  • ralostaz2000
    ralostaz2000 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    No ...not that restrictive...1200-1300 per day...but I want realy to eat cooked rice or spaghetti as much as I want plus dried fruits...I'll try to do and see how much I can eat
  • RudivanDisarzio
    RudivanDisarzio Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah I totally know what you mean. It's like you've gone to far and so there's no point in bothering.

The issue is that once that happens I will just give up, I can't find the motivation to continue the next day.
  • devilinsoul
    devilinsoul Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    me in the last 2-3 weeks... not like all the time but some days I can't stop eating... it's terrible, I feel like me self-control is gone :O and I haven't been that restrictive either... I'm trying a new plan tomorrow that I did once and I hope I'll be back on track
  • emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I have not done this as I am not prone to bingeing (I sometimes eat over my goal or even my daily calorie burn, but rarely in great excess, and I log that anyway, to keep track) but many people have reported such behavior in forum posts.

Bingeing in people with no history of disordered eating is strongly suggestive that you are eating at too great of a restriction, and it is not good for you in the short or long term. In the short term, a binge of calorie-dense foods can wipe out days or weeks of moderate restriction. In the long term, it can set you up for disordered eating and metabolic issues.

This is not a good idea for your health or mental well-being. Try gradually increasing the calories you eat daily, or have a moderate portion of something you enjoy and see if this urge passes. It probably will, and it's okay to exceed your calorie goal. But there is no constructive purpose towards "seeing how much you can eat" of rice, spaghetti, and dried fruit. You can eat a lot, I promise, and then...?
  • heart4sole
    heart4sole Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I occasionally crave a candy bar or a Coke. I also have, what I call ( Eat what ever you want Day! ) I don't eat a great amount, but I eat what ever I want that day. I always get back on track the next day.This very rarely happens. I usually feel guilty, but I feel you have to indulge once in a while or you will go insane.
  • ashleyminnich1
    ashleyminnich1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Usually, I will go in and set my calories to maintenance, so I know how overboard I'm REALLY going. I'm now down to my last little bit, though so I don't restrict very low. Otherwise, I really would binge!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    No ...not that restrictive...1200-1300 per day...but I want realy to eat cooked rice or spaghetti as much as I want plus dried fruits...I'll try to do and see how much I can eat

1200-1300 per day would be very restrictive for me. I'm almost 5'7". How tall are you?

I don't have an aggressive weight loss goal and I never feel like eating insane amounts of food.
  • Pam_1965
    Pam_1965 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I spent the weekend with my daughter at her college ( University of Oregon). We ate out a lot. I was careful, but definitely went well over my 1390 (no exercise calories to eat back). I made good choices, MOST of the time. This morning I was scared to weigh, but was only up .5 pounds. Very relieved. I am 4 weeks away from my Bermuda cruise! :)
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Half the battle is what you eat, the other half is what's going on in your head.

http://www.beckdietsolution.com
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have some days when I just decide not to care about calories (to an extent - I'm always mindful as I know I'll have to make up for it eventually). Typically it's special occasions though (birthday, Holidays, or having guests over and eating out)... although it's happened during PMS too (ugh).

I always log though... even if it's quick calories and I have to estimate.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »
    Half the battle is what you eat, the other half is what's going on in your head.

http://www.beckdietsolution.com

While cognitive behavioral techniques have been very helpful to me, the first thing to establish is an appropriate calorie goal. CBT shouldn't be used to talk oneself out of binging if one has been overly restricting. In that case, what one needs to do first is stop under-eating.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    While cognitive behavioral techniques have been very helpful to me, the first thing to establish is an appropriate calorie goal. CBT shouldn't be used to talk oneself out of binging if one has been overly restricting. In that case, what one needs to do first is stop under-eating.

That's why I said "half the battle is what you eat". The other half is CBT.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    No, not since I have learned not to be so restrictive. Everything in moderation for me. :)
  • ralostaz2000
    Options
    Yes. I do sometimes. Sometimes I just don't want to have to worry about it. There have been times where I've gone back and guessed at my day, and it's not usually half as bad as you think. Typically under 5,000 calories. One time, I thought I went crazy, but after I guessed at what I ate, it was less than 3,000. Lol.

What I tend to do is go crazy on one meal, and maybe add a pint of Ben & Jerry's. So, it's not like a major problem.
    Wowww...greattt...did it affect the while weight loss plan?
  • ralostaz2000
    Options
    Usually, I will go in and set my calories to maintenance, so I know how overboard I'm REALLY going. I'm now down to my last little bit, though so I don't restrict very low. Otherwise, I really would binge!

This is a very good idea...setting to maintainance at least will give a hint how far did I go.I want french fries...candies...ice cream ....spaghetti....etc...
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I ate a Screamin' Sicilian frozen pizza one day last week just for fun and didn't log it. That's about my INSANE speed right there. Holy Pepperoni, it was delicious too. About 7 tons of delicious sodium, roughly.