FOOD FINDS - what new food have you discovered works well in your plan?

Options

Replies

• missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Dannon Light and Fit Greek Mousse. The salted caramel tastes like I'm eating spoonfuls of frosting.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Really simple. I put several different vegetables in a skillet and stir-fry them to both thaw and cook them for my dinner. I don't want to get bored so I vary the variety each time something gets depleted. I purchased a red cabbage last week and put about 80 g in the skillet with the other vegetables. While that's going on I thaw the meat in the microwave then reheat the rice and beans in the microwave. After the veg have been on the fire for 10 or so minutes I put the meat in and cook it another 6 or 10 for both sides. The cabbage keeps its color, remains somewhat firm, and on the visual aspect alone I'm glad I tried it.
  • wwskinnygirl
    wwskinnygirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fat Free Cottage Cheese with FRESH Pineapple
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I have found myself eating the same things a lot.

Breakfast: special k protein cereal

Lunch: some sort of chicken salad

Snack: Greek yogurt

Dinner: varies, whatever the family is eating

Snack: popcorn and m&ms. ;)
  • kylegeldmaker
    kylegeldmaker Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Pbfit
    Smoked mushrooms
    Almond milk

Without those things, I could not succeed.
  • jmidd97
    jmidd97 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Rice, Laughing cow cheese wedges, Worcestershire sauce, tea, jalapenos, pickles, and homemade tortillas.
  • MelissaLimeKiwi
    MelissaLimeKiwi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm loving 2% cottage cheese with a banana on top and two dashes of cinnamon. Yum.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn because air is free. Lots of volume for few calories. I like to chew on my calories.

Buckwheat/Kasha. Half a cup will yield you about 10g of protein for about 300 calories. This small serving gives you half your Magnesium for the day as well as 30% of your daily fiber. A pretty good deal for a grain, I'd say.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,481 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Guavas are nice - tasty fruit with a l'il bit of protein. Jicama - love the prebiotics and the crunch. And plain Greek yogurt is an old standby - yumminess, probiotics, protein, and so versatile: Breakfast, in salad dressing, sour cream substitute, etc.
  • nikkxjohnson
    nikkxjohnson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I Love rice and salsa. And nut butters with banana!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Frozen individual serves of fish (tuna, salmon, whiting etc) and Steam Fresh frozen veg & rice/risotto.

Pan fry the fish, nuke the veg.

Easy meals!
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Diced jalapenos. No calories and make bland stuff more palatable
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Organic cottage cheese with diced pineapple and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
  • __leis__
    __leis__ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Asian cashew salad kit from Costco. It is mostly cabbage and carrots. It's a great change from iceberg or romaine salads I've been eating for lunch lately.
  • aliceband21
    aliceband21 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Courgette all the way
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I am currently in love with Stubb's green chile anytime sauce. It is 5 calories for 16 grams. It is sooooooo tasty!
  • nicoleash126
    nicoleash126 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Tuna fish- low calories and filling
    Hard boiled eggs - I love em and very filling
    Home made fresh fruit smoothie- strawberry and banana low fat yogurt and ice- yum yum FILLING and delicious
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Chayote, they are a melon with very little flavor and they soak up the flavor of what every you choose to put with it. I cube them up into small pieces and fry them in bacon grease with onions....sooo good, and you would never know it's a melon because at that point it reminds me of fried potatoes
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Chia and plain yogurt
    Silk cashew milk and coconut milk for my protein smoothies
  • elizabethpittman80
    elizabethpittman80 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Cracker barrel cheese sticks and fruit for a snack, Sunkist tuna packs are so tasty and versatile. Yasso chocolate chip cookie dough satisfies my ice cream craving at 100 calories. Flavored Instant oatmeal is under 150 calories for a more satisfying snack.