Protein Mug Cake

Options
tiffkittyw
tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
I'm starting to get into microwave cooking since I don't enjoy cooking in general. I was on Pinterest and found a recipe for a protein chocolate mug cake which was basically egg whites, protein powder and baking powder with the sweetener of your choice. Has anyone ever made a protein mug cake? Was it good? Please share your recipe. Thanks!

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I sometimes just put the ingredients of my oatmeal breakfast in a cup and microwave it:
    1/3 c whole grain oatmeal
    some chopped walnuts or pecans
    cinnamon
    1 T flax meal ground
    1 egg
    1/4 c milk
    t coconut oil
    fruit (banana, berries, Chukar cherries)
    I sometimes put in a T of bisquick or flour and baking powder
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them every day, although I started to realize it wasn't particularly nutritious mixing splenda, whey, yogurt and eggs together. The lack of fiber and nutrients never really filled me up and I think the sweetness of it triggered me to crave more food afterwards. Just my experience though :)
  • MedeaKay
    MedeaKay Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do a recipe which I found on pinterest as well. 1/2 angel food cake mix, plus 1/2 any other cake mix (I use sugar free devils food cake) 3 tablespoon of cake mix, and 2 tablespoons of water. But I add a tablespoon of protein powder and about half a tablespoon of water to mine. It's not the healthiest, but when I have a craving for something sweet and chocolatey, it's perfect. Plus it gives me that little bit of extra protein.
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies :)
  • jwcanfield
    jwcanfield Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    MedeaKay wrote: »
    I do a recipe which I found on pinterest as well. 1/2 angel food cake mix, plus 1/2 any other cake mix (I use sugar free devils food cake) 3 tablespoon of cake mix, and 2 tablespoons of water. But I add a tablespoon of protein powder and about half a tablespoon of water to mine. It's not the healthiest, but when I have a craving for something sweet and chocolatey, it's perfect. Plus it gives me that little bit of extra protein.

Do you use vanilla, chocolate or plain protein powder?