Have you ever gone INSANE and went off limits intentionally? ?

Options
2»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,366 Member
    Options
    Crazy? No. Cheat? Don't think of it that way.

Eat 2000-3000 or more over my maintenance calories on some days, while losing weight? Absolutely did, more than once, mostly intentionally (my birthday, Christmas, that sort of thing, mostly special occasions). (Afterward, I just went back to my healthy routine.)

Log it? I sure did - at least as accurately as I could, mostly from memory and by use of approximately similar MFP database entries (and not the lowest calorie ones, either), since these things usually involve circumstances that preclude weighing food (eating at others' homes, special restaurants, etc.). I have sometimes eaten well over goal, but I have never not logged . . . nor just slammed in some stupid 1000 calorie quick add.

Why log? I like having accurate data. I like understanding how my "over" day will affect my weight-loss progress. And logging it helps me think about whether it was worth it to me - sometimes it was, sometimes not . . . and that's part of the learning process.

To me, the weight loss process is about learning to eat in a healthy way for the rest of my life. Real life includes some celebrations, and even some indulgences. Eating should be an enjoyable part of this - it just needs to stay in proportion. I need to learn how to handle it.

There's no point in being all melodramatic about it, in my opinion: "Crazy", "cheat", "insane", "totally mistaken" . . . too much drama; it's just food.
  • ralostaz2000
    ralostaz2000 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Crazy? No. Cheat? Don't think of it that way.

Eat 2000-3000 or more over my maintenance calories on some days, while losing weight? Absolutely did, more than once, mostly intentionally (my birthday, Christmas, that sort of thing, mostly special occasions). (Afterward, I just went back to my healthy routine.)

Log it? I sure did - at least as accurately as I could, mostly from memory and by use of approximately similar MFP database entries (and not the lowest calorie ones, either), since these things usually involve circumstances that preclude weighing food (eating at others' homes, special restaurants, etc.). I have sometimes eaten well over goal, but I have never not logged . . . nor just slammed in some stupid 1000 calorie quick add.

Why log? I like having accurate data. I like understanding how my "over" day will affect my weight-loss progress. And logging it helps me think about whether it was worth it to me - sometimes it was, sometimes not . . . and that's part of the learning process.

To me, the weight loss process is about learning to eat in a healthy way for the rest of my life. Real life includes some celebrations, and even some indulgences. Eating should be an enjoyable part of this - it just needs to stay in proportion. I need to learn how to handle it.

There's no point in being all melodramatic about it, in my opinion: "Crazy", "cheat", "insane", "totally mistaken" . . . too much drama; it's just food.