looking for honest users

Options
12346»

Replies

• VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I'm always honest about exercise an food diary too. But honestly lots of times it's not all that pretty. But seriously I don't understand the point of lying about this stuff to people I never met. But who am I to say who's lying or not?
  • jbehring
    jbehring Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I agree, there is no normal , regular way people burn 800 plus calories each day....think the site is just a bit off when it calculates it in some cases....I tend to just say I do 20 or 30 minutes of tennis or crossfit verses the 2 hours as it comes up with numbers that are way too far off..

Actually if you weigh a lot its easy to burn off an extra 500-1500 calories. I run about 13 miles a day and burn about 1500 calories. I weigh about 200 pounds.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I agree, there is no normal , regular way people burn 800 plus calories each day....think the site is just a bit off when it calculates it in some cases....I tend to just say I do 20 or 30 minutes of tennis or crossfit verses the 2 hours as it comes up with numbers that are way too far off..

i don't think 800 is a stretch. i lift 7x a week, do cardio 3-5x a week, play sand vball 3x a week and am in a flag football league...and i still feel like i should do a bit more.
  • GoatOfDestiny
    GoatOfDestiny Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm as honest as my Fitbit, and sometimes, due to my cardiac condition, it can go awry sometimes. Aside from that, I only log the things that actually burn calories (i.e., if I say "cleaning house" I don't mean sweeping the floor, I mean washing all the windows, mopping, scrubbing walls, moving furniture, etc. DEEP cleaning that takes 4+ hours).

Other than that, everything I do daily is calculated in my TDEE and therefore not typically logged.
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar H7 chest strap HRM that I got on Amazon for $49. Works great. I also have the Fitbit Charge HR and Fitbit Blaze both of which have an HRM. I have found both to be very accurate comparing to the chest strap as long as you move it up on your arm a little ans snug the band up so it doesn't slide up and down your arm. Both the Fitbit app and the Polar Beat app have you setup a user profile with your age, height, weight and gender. It uses that along with your heart rate to determine the heart rate zones and estimate your calories burned. The MFP exercise database seems to be an average for the intensity level that pick for an activity. It doesn't account for heart rate. MFP is always higher than what my chest strap shows for a session on the exercise bike.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    ^^This has to set the record for answering an old thread. :o

Not even close.
    Unfortunately.
  • hollypopp10
    hollypopp10 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I use a Fitbit and the map my walk app to track calories burned. I walked 7 miles this morning at a 15 minute mile and then I went for another walk this afternoon on top of me just moving around throughout the day, and I burned over 1,000 calories. I am constantly on the go, so yes it is possible to burn 1,000 or more in a day. I know it's an estimation, but considering I am losing, 14.6 pounds in 40 days, I think it's fairly accurate.
    Wishing everyone the best!