What kind of running workouts or workouts will help gain endurance?

Options
I want to know how to run better and get faster for long sprints(400m)without feeling so tired. Any ideas on what I could do? And what training can I go through?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Run longer distances.

Do some intervals or HIIT
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I want to know how to run better and get faster for long sprints(400m)without feeling so tired. Any ideas on what I could do? And what training can I go through?

Running longer. Are you competing at 400m?

For me a 400 repeats session would be about 15 minutes easy pace warm up, say 6 repeats of 400m with a two minute easy recovery and then 15 minutes cool down again

Something like that should help.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I'm using Jeff Galloway's 10K training app. It's very effective, and it provides voice coaching if you want it. He advocates the run/walk/run method, and I'm already seeing improvement after only a week.
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    2 words: Hill Repeats
  • trollerskates
    trollerskates Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Recent science has said interval training.
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    kmbrooks15 wrote: »
    I'm using Jeff Galloway's 10K training app. It's very effective, and it provides voice coaching if you want it. He advocates the run/walk/run method, and I'm already seeing improvement after only a week.

All of the JG apps (iOS only) has training modes for speed. I've been running with him for years with the half and full marathon app. and R/W/R during races also. Came in 2nd in a half for my age group even when doing R/W/R.

He will coach you though sprints, intervals, cadence drills if you so choose the 'improve time' training in any of his apps. 5K, 10K, half, or full.