Anyone with fibroids?

Options
fr33sia12
fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
I've had fibroids for over a year now, which isn't fun every month (google it for how crap it can be) I was just wondering if anyone on here has them and has noticed a change from symptoms when losing weight or from eating healthier.

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    If you drink alcohol - quit.
    I strongly believe that is what got mine out of control.
    I also smoked.
    I was also consuming a lot of processed foods with a lot of sugar.
    My emotions were out of control.
    Had a hysterectomy - best thing that happened in my life.
    I hope you take a multivitamin. I was anemic.
  • fr33sia12
    Options
    If you drink alcohol - quit.
    I strongly believe that is what got mine out of control.
    I also smoked.
    I was also consuming a lot of processed foods with a lot of sugar.
    My emotions were out of control.
    Had a hysterectomy - best thing that happened in my life.
    I hope you take a multivitamin. I was anemic.

Thanks.
    I quit alcohol this year and have cut out a lot of processed foods with sugar.
    I do take iron tablets too as I am slightly anemic.
    I don't think I could have a hysterectomy though, as the thought of an operation freaks me out and anxiety would be really bad.
  • meganamarcum
    meganamarcum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had a fibroid. It made exercising rough cause I always was anemic. No matter how much iron I supplemented I always was low.

I had two myomectomies to remove them. Since then I've been so much better. It was horrible with them. Just awful.

Changing your diet from less processed food can help how you feel but nothing will make that fibroid go away unless you seek medical help. The surgeries I had were minor outpatient and I'd do it again if I had fibroids just so I could feel better.
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I had fibroids and had a partial hysterectomy when I was 30. Best thing I ever did, and easiest surgery I have ever had. Actually had the uterus out and my gallbladder out at the same time. Out of the hospital 2 days later, and wouldn't have even known I even had the surgery if it weren't for my periods stopping. I had laproscopic surgery for both. My anemia cleared up within a few months also.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I've got very low iron too so need to go back to enquire about removal I think. Wasn't told it was an option, but after 3 years on ferritin my ferritin level is fine, but iron still too low and get dizzy at Zumba and certain times of the month. It's compromising my travel options etc.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I had one the size of a volleyball that was growing THROUGH my uterus. It was extraordinarily painful and I bled most of the time for several years. I had to have a hysterectomy, but did not want one. It was not an easy surgery for me, physically or emotionally.

I did not notice that lifestyle changes made any difference.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I have/had several. My gyn said definitely my weight loss has helped (-104lbs). But, I never had pain from them, I didn't even know they were there. I just had a followup ultrasound and they are shrinking on their own. That makes me happy because I want to keep my lady parts for as long as I can :)
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I've recently developed a small one. No symptoms, and was not given any list of things not to eat, drink or do.
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have large multiple fibroids. I still want more kids so a hysterectomy is out of the question. However it has made having kids challenging.
    I don't really suffer from them but then I thought all periods were painful and heavy.
    It hasn't hindered my weight loss but it is interesting to find out about alcohol and its part, not that I'm a big drinker these days
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Had fibroids and after a vaginal hysterectomy, turns out I had a severe case of adenomyosis. Basically tissue growing inside the wall of my uterus. No real cure for it except to remove the uterus. I would bleed onto my car seat. It was no way to live. Best choice I ever made!
  • fr33sia12
    Options
    I've got very low iron too so need to go back to enquire about removal I think. Wasn't told it was an option, but after 3 years on ferritin my ferritin level is fine, but iron still too low and get dizzy at Zumba and certain times of the month. It's compromising my travel options etc.

When you say dizzy how do you mean? like the room is spinning or like when you get a head rush?