best time?

Options
All of a sudden it seems as though my head is full of of "getting pregnant ideas!" i still have weight that i want to lose- so im thinking its better to lose my extra weight first before moving ahead with the pregnancy idea...is this best? people around me tell me that there is "no perfect time" so im pretty overwhelmed and confused....any ideas?

Replies

• cmmoreland
    Options
    All of a sudden it seems as though my head is full of of "getting pregnant ideas!" i still have weight that i want to lose- so im thinking its better to lose my extra weight first before moving ahead with the pregnancy idea...is this best? people around me tell me that there is "no perfect time" so im pretty overwhelmed and confused....any ideas?
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I think that as long as your doctor deems you healthy enough to have a healthy pregnancy then you should go ahead and start now. :)
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I was wondering that too. If I were to get to my ultimate goal weight. Would I have less stretch marks because my body wouldn't be as big, would I be more comfortable than if i was at my heavyest? I wouldn't have so much weight to lose after the pregnancy when the addition of a little one would make it more difficult or (the changes in my body make up might make it more difficult) to lose it.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    it depends on how overweight you are. If you're in the Obese category or even higher, you're putting yourself and your future child at risk for some pretty heafty complications during pregnancy including an increased risk of stillbirth. If we're talking about a few lbs to go though, and it's something you want, go ahead and try now, you can lose those lats few after the baby arrives.
  • osmium
    osmium Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    If you aren't too overweight, then there really shouldn't be an issue. You can continue to eat in a healthy way and not gain too much weight during pregnancy. If now feels like the right time for you, then I would go for it.

Also I personally think that fitness matters too. You can be overweight and be much fitter than some healthy weight individuals. I am guessing that this is an important factor in any complications pregnancy might bring as well as simply your weight. I have been in the overweight/obese category for 3 pregnancies, however despite that I was reasonably fit ( I used to cycle a lot, walk a lot and do several rpm/spin classes a week - I simply ate too much). But it's possible that I think this to make myself feel better :smile: