How Long Are Your Workouts?

Options
jbgibso3
jbgibso3 Posts: 40 Member
I typically go to the gym at 5AM every day or every other day. I stay about an hour every time, with about a 10-15 minute warm-up and then varying strength training moves for the rest of the 45 minutes. On the days that I don't make it to the gym, I try to do something at home or take a Zumba class (1 hr). I'm not sure if this is atypical, but I was just curious to see what others out there were doing.

Thanks for the help!

Replies

• wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I typically go to the gym at 5AM too, every weekday. I start with a 40 minute interval cardio program on the machine. I used to do splits (sprint/run) for 40 minutes but knees decided that I couldn't do that anymore. I then do about an hour of weight training (back/bi's/abs) (chest/tri's/calves) (leg day/abs) and use my weekend as my break day. I think my workout is more atypical than yours is. Actually, it looks pretty typical, kind of like a 3/4 split without the cardio days. A lot of people do a cardio warm up before strength training and some afterwards.
  • GoatOfDestiny
    GoatOfDestiny Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I usually do 30-45 minutes of cardio, and anywhere from an hour to 1.5 hours of weightlifting.
  • Jamiempang
    Jamiempang Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do set programs on dvd. Most range from 22 minutes to 45 minutes. I see more results from these than when I was working out at a gym for over an hour a day.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    2 hours a day 4 times a week.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    30 to 60 minute bike ride after work most days, occasionally longer. Sometimes I'll go for a run instead. Weekends I'll usually do a 3 to 4 hour bike ride one day and spend most of the other day hiking. I spend my lunch break walking but that's not really a workout, and do a body weight workout every other day.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Half hour to 45 minute run.
    Hour or 1.5 hour yoga classes, but those have a beginning and end that are sitting/laying so 30-60 minutes active for those.
    Lifting, 15 minutes or less usually.

8 hours of workouts in an average week for me. 5:30 am for running 3x week, 6am for morning yoga 2x week, plus evening yoga classes 3x week.

I want to run more like an hour but am not back to that yet, still coming back slowly and carefully from an achilles injury.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    45-90 minutes, depending.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Varies with the time of year. Right now, gym (weights) MWF, roughly a hour each day. Bike to work (5 miles / 25 minutes each way) on Tuesday and Thursday, and most days one to two hours of walking or biking in the evening.
  • NovaDuck
    NovaDuck Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I run 3 (sometimes 4) days a week (usually about 40-60 minutes), every other day I walk, and/or HIIT and strength training. Sundays I always walk, about 2.5 - 3hrs.
  • ElPasoMark
    ElPasoMark Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've been sick for over 2 months so have been doing little or nothing. Trying to get well. However, when I was healthy I was doing 20 minutes of calisthenics to warm up, an hour and 15 minutes of weight lifting, and then a 2 mile jog/walk on M-W-F for a combined daily total of a bit over 2 hours. On T-TH I was up to 18 miles on my bike, about an hour and 15 minutes or so, and Saturday was my long ride day, anywhere from 40 - 60 miles (About 3 1/2 - 5 1/2 hours).
  • Calibrate
    Calibrate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I do 4 days a week - 45 minutes per of a cross fit type workout. Love it!
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    30-40 mins running 3 or 4 mornings a week, and 2-3 days of strength training for an hour, T, Th and Friday
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    if i use weights to work-out, it takes about 45 min. if i do cardio, it's 30.
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    30-45 minutes, 4-6 days per week.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    jbgibso3 wrote: »
    I typically go to the gym at 5AM every day or every other day. I stay about an hour every time, with about a 10-15 minute warm-up and then varying strength training moves for the rest of the 45 minutes. On the days that I don't make it to the gym, I try to do something at home or take a Zumba class (1 hr). I'm not sure if this is atypical, but I was just curious to see what others out there were doing.

Thanks for the help!

I leave my house between 5:30 and 6:30AM, get to the gym by 7:45AM and usually do an hour of varied lifting (I split my days into upper and lower...lower has two "sections" which alternate days...power and heavy) + 30-minutes cardio. Today I tried something a little different... 45-minutes lifting and 45-minutes cardio + 20-minutes of stretching and ab circuits when I arrive home from work. Putting in extra time since summer is right around the corner (and I'm spending a week on a Yacht in 37 days surrounded by my super in-shape friends, so that's motivation in itself)
  • crazylibraluv
    crazylibraluv Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    10-20 minutes due to physical health issue (chronic pain).....I walk 20-30 minutes when I'm feeling good.....I mainly use workout apps (7 minute-HIIT, 30 day fitness-upper & lower body; core & cardio & sworkit-circuit training).....
  • Sassie_Lassie
    Sassie_Lassie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    45-60 minutes. Then I come home and do 45-55 minutes of cardio
  • MissFit_Megan
    MissFit_Megan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My workouts start at 6AM and I typically do a 30 minute cardio/HIIT workout and then I lift weights varying the day of the week with a different body part ie. Mon & Fri are legs and Abs, Tues are Back and Bi's, etc. for an hour or so. I take Sunday's off every week.
  • Steven_626
    Steven_626 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    60-90 minutes for weight training. This includes time to warm up as well light cardio and/or ab work to finish and occasionally foam rolling.