Question about snacking

Elle2977
Elle2977 Posts: 4 Member
edited May 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I am on a 1200 calorie diet. So here is my food diary/calorie intake for today:
Breakfast: Fiber One Multigrain English Muffin, Laughing Cow Wedge, Coffee, International Delight Creamer- Total Calories 173
Snack: Nutrisystem bar- Total Calories 150
Lunch: Nutrisystem Black bean & Rice- Total Calories 210
Snack: Nutrisystem White Cheddar Popcorn- Total Calories 130

So far my total calorie intake is 663. I only have 537 calories for the rest of the day!!! Not enough for dinner and a night time snack. I am also a vegetarian so I dont eat any sort of meat or fish.

I am always hungry (even when I ate til I was full..lol) Many things dont fill me up unless it's a carb!! UGH!!!

Help!!

*Elle*

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Maybe you should just cut snacking until you have more calories to play with.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    What is your question?

Are you asking for dinner ideas specifically for tonight? Are you asking about the snacks you've had so far?

I think I'd be starving if my meals were like yours. It doesn't seem like there is much volume or fiber.

It's fine to eat carbohydrates if that is what you find most filling. Just make sure you log the calorie and get sufficient protein and fat.
  • kittycatsinunderpants
    kittycatsinunderpants Posts: 43 Member
    I'll tell you, I'm always hungry with the pre-packaged stuff too. Those bars (any of them) are like eating air to me. Get some crunchy raw veggies in there, will fill you right up. And if you fit in a quick workout, you'll be all set for tonight. You can do it!
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    My suggestion is to save your money and improve your quality of life by not eating the Nutri system stuff.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    I'm thinking that's not a lot of protein which will probably help. I eat a lot of chicken and tuna so I can't help you with suggestions there.

Can you exercise? Get a workout in and eat at least 50-75% of those calories back (depending on how you calculate the burn).
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Your aloud to eat about 50% of your exercise calories back. I didn't see where you are getting much in the way of protien and protein will help fill you up as will veggies and fruit. I eat meat so I am not helpful as far as that goes
  • glassyo
    Your aloud to eat about 50% of your exercise calories back. I didn't see where you are getting much in the way of protien and protein will help fill you up as will veggies and fruit. I eat meat so I am not helpful as far as that goes

She's actually allowed to eat 100% if she wants. :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Your meals are more like snacks in my opinion. I'd be starving!! If you really want to eat the minimum calories (1200) then you need to be very careful about how you spend those calories. English muffins and snack bars aren't filling enough for me. Proteins, fats & fiber - get rid of anything that doesn't fill you up. Or pick a more reasonable calorie goal rather than the absolute minimum.
  • Elle2977
    The Nutrisystem was just a trial for a month. Believe me I will not be purchasing that crap again!!! I do not exercise at all. I hate it and I never have time. By the time I get home from work, take care of the dogs, cook, and clean, it's now 7-7:30pm. All I want to do by then is lay down. Plus isnt it bad to exercise right after eating?? I'm not making excuses on exercise, just giving you my daily routine. I know I should be doing it. I just really need to figure out when I can fit it in and stop being lazy!! I do need to eat more fruits and veggies. I will definitely start there.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Elle2977 wrote: »
    The Nutrisystem was just a trial for a month. Believe me I will not be purchasing that crap again!!! I do not exercise at all. I hate it and I never have time. By the time I get home from work, take care of the dogs, cook, and clean, it's now 7-7:30pm. All I want to do by then is lay down. Plus isnt it bad to exercise right after eating?? I'm not making excuses on exercise, just giving you my daily routine. I know I should be doing it. I just really need to figure out when I can fit it in and stop being lazy!! I do need to eat more fruits and veggies. I will definitely start there.

If you don't want to exercise, it isn't required for weight loss. But it isn't bad to exercise after eating (unless it makes you feel bad or sick).
  • chameleon1234
    chameleon1234 Posts: 2 Member
    I actually don't exercise until after 8 (when the kids go to bed). I eat about 7. If I am going to be doing a heavy cardio workout, I eat after I work out or just eat something lighter. I work full time and have 2 kids, so that is the only time my schedule allows. It is working for me..
  • Elle2977
    Thanx JaneJellyRoll. It doesnt make me feel sick at all.
    I will try it after I eat. Maybe wait a little- Thanx Chameleon.
  • glassyo
    I totally eat while exercising sometimes.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Try real food. Seriously. None of that stuff would fill me up one bit. Try fat free Greek yogurt, veggies and lean meats instead. And nuts as snacks.

And the reason you're hungry is BECAUSE you only eat carbs. Eat more protein and fat.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Breakfast bars are junk food, at least that's the way I treat them. I eat Kashi bars now and the since they have twice the protein and lower calories that most of the others, but they aren't very filling.

I would suggest fresh veggies and fruit. You can eat 2.5 cups of baby carrots or two mandarin oranges or almost two whole apples for the calories in that breakfast bar.

I would focus on proteins as well as some have suggested. If you want a muffin add some PB2to it. Muffin plus serving of PB2 is about 165 calories and it's fairly filling with some protein.