Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Trying to Loose Weight AND Conceive...

2»

Replies

• cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    I am fairly new here and would love some friends that are trying to get pregnant during their weight loss journey (of course any supportive friends are welcome).

I have a one year old after 10 years of trying and I am hoping that #2 is not too far off. I know that safely loosing weight will help me with everything.

:flowerforyou:
    This is a topic I dont believe anyone here is capable of answering. You will find a lot of great support, but this really is something you need to talk about with your OBGYN. Good luck

From the way I read it - She was looking for people in the same situation....There are many on MFP...
  • I am TTC and trying to lose weight also. I have PCOS to go along with it. Feel free to add me.
  • I totally understand where you are....I too am in the same place... so, let's stay encouraged, get healthy, sit back and watch what happens... :)
  • well i really hope you reach your goal :) welcome
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    I am not currently trying to conceive (my son is 11months and he's all I can handle right now lol), but I was trying to lose weight while I was trying for him. My hubs and I read that having a BMI of 25 or less was optimal when trying to conceive and the second I got there I got pregnant! So feel free to add me for support, I've been there before! Now I've just barely lost the weight I gained with him and picking up where I left off before I got pregnant to get to my ultimate goal weight! Good luck (with both ventures, of course)!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    We are about to start that journey again also - hoping by losing weight (both of us) and getting into shape we'll have an easier time. I'm sending a freind request ----
  • peggy1209
    peggy1209 Posts: 84 Member
    check out FIT FOR FUTURE FAMILIES
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    My son is 2.5 and we are trying to conceive since his birth soo badly. We were trying naturally for 2 years , nothing, then we had 4 round of infertility treatment, all failed :(

I have a BMI of 33, and I think that being obese may have contributed to our failure. I decided that it's enough , I can not take the pressure anymore. So we stop trying with medical help , at least for now, and focusing on me and my health and weightloss.

We are definitely not going to use any protection, and it happens naturally that would be a miracle. In any case, I gave myself a good half year to get into at least the overweight category (BMII<30) , but preferably reach the healthy range, before process any further.
    Trying with medical help is super stressful, and I can not take it anymore until I fill good about myself again = fit and healthy.

Conceiving actually easier when you have less fat, as the fat storage produce estrogen and if you have too much fat, your hormones may be off to. I know quite a few women, who were trying for years without success, and then they lost the weight they get preggo very fast. I am really hoping for that to happen to me, and not to see a fertility clinic ever again.
  • edidoods
    edidoods Posts: 1
    I am fairly new here and would love some friends that are trying to get pregnant during their weight loss journey (of course any supportive friends are welcome).

I have a one year old after 10 years of trying and I am hoping that #2 is not too far off. I know that safely loosing weight will help me with everything.

:flowerforyou:

Hello, I'm fairly new to this too.. Same thing for me and my hubby - trying to conceive (we don't have any kids yet and almost 2 years married). Plus, I have PCOS, which makes it harder for me to shed off some weight. The best of luck to us both! :blushing:
  • Dskwon
    Dskwon Posts: 17
    No need to be sorry Suzanne. Clearly we aren't all as perfect as Dskwon. ;-)

Nobody is as perfect as Dskwon.
  • Dear Suzzane and everyone who need to lose weight fast, check out the deal on :Kijiji Daily Deals" $49 for 3 Bottles of Raspberry Ketone Weight Loss Supplement from Raspberry Ketone Extreme ($210 Value) - Includes Taxes and Shipping.

Hope that will help, good luck