Protein powder recipes

Options
rhsdancer5
rhsdancer5 Posts: 96 Member
I got a tub of vanilla protein powder that I want to incorporate into some of my meals since I barely eat any meat. What recipes or ways can I use the protein powder other than smoothies and as a drink?

Replies

• pcoslady83
    pcoslady83 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    rhsdancer5 wrote: »
    I got a tub of vanilla protein powder that I want to incorporate into some of my meals since I barely eat any meat. What recipes or ways can I use the protein powder other than smoothies and as a drink?

I add it to smoothies which I have for breakfast. This is the recipe I use:

140 grams mixed frozen fruit. I get a couple of fruit blends from costco (berry blend and tropical fruit blend) and alternate between the two.
    1 scoop protein powder
    1 tablespoon kale powder
    2 tablespoon full fat greek yogurt

• pcoslady83
    pcoslady83 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    pcoslady83 wrote: »

140 grams mixed frozen fruit. I get a couple of fruit blends from costco (berry blend and tropical fruit blend) and alternate between the two.
    1 scoop protein powder
    1 tablespoon kale powder

oops sorry..I didn't read you asked for suggestions other than smoothies and drinks
  • rhsdancer5
    rhsdancer5 Posts: 96 Member
    Options

1 scoop protein powder
    1 tablespoon kale powder

oops sorry..I didn't read you asked for suggestions other than smoothies and drinks

No problem! I like that idea!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    http://www.mastercook.com/app/recipe/WebRecipeDetails?recipeId=3377172.

I made these last week with Dymatize ISO-100 protein.. amazing.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I make these too. I use Truvia Baking Blend and not Splenda. I can use chocolate or vanilla or birthday cake protein powder in place of the requested vanilla whey in the recipe. All are excellent. Add some chocolate chips to the chocolate protein powder and this makes an excellent chocolate chip cookie recipe.

ALMOND COOKIES *
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    1/3 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 egg
    1 cup almond flour (about 4 ounces)
    1/3 cup vanilla whey protein powder
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    3 1/2 ounces Lindt 70% cocoa bar chopped, or chocolate chips, optional

Blend the butter, Splenda, vanilla and egg with an electric mixer at least until somewhat blended. The butter doesn't seem to blend very well with the egg but it won't matter (it really doe not matter). Mix the almond flour, whey protein powder and baking powder. Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture on low speed. Fold in the chocolate, if using.

I freeze for about 20 minutes and then scoop out. I will flatten these prior to cooking as they do rise just a little and I like my a bit crispier.
  • igonza9185
    igonza9185 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

1 scoop protein powder
    1 tablespoon kale powder

I use first premier protein chocolate shake from sams club. 30 grams of protein in each shake. 160 calories and it's delicious.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I love the protein cheesecake mentioned above. Made it 3 times so far... all delicious! But I use low fat cream cheese instead of fat free.

I use mine in Greek yogurt or oatmeal, mostly.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Gingerbread Protein Muffins

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.

Ingredients:
    2 cups old fashioned oats
    1/2 cup baking stevia or Splenda
    1/2 cup protein powder
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1/4 cup low sugar syrup
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 1/2 tsp baking powder
    1 1/3 tsp baking soda
    2 1/2 tsp ground ginger
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or low fat milk of choice
    4 egg whites

Throw everything into a blender and blend until smooth. Divide evenly in muffin pan and bake 25-30 mins until a toothpick comes out clean.

Per muffin:

75 calories
    1g fat
    10g carbs
    7g protein
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    do yourself a huge favor and buy Kodiak cakes.. mix a half cup of that and a half scoop of protein powder... and boom youll have the most amazing protein pancakes ever!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    do yourself a huge favor and buy Kodiak cakes.. mix a half cup of that and a half scoop of protein powder... and boom youll have the most amazing protein pancakes ever!

I am in love with Kodiak cakes. I'll have to try this combo!!
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Proteinpow.com
  • Francl27
    Options

Ok I admit I've never tried that!
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

never tried Kodiak cakes or never tried it with protein powder? either way, you gotta try it! I highly recommend PE Science Snickerdoodle protein powder, too!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I add a couple tablespoons to my puffed wheat square recipe. I also switch out puffed millet for puffed wheat so my anti-gluten daughter will eat it.

I add a tablespoon in to my overnight oats, in with the yogurt.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I make protein shake:

1 serving of protein powder
    1/2 serving of greek yogurt
    1 serving of PBfit
    1 serving of Almond milk unsweeten vanilla 30 cals.
    1 banana
    1 serving of sweetner

Add ice to blender and blend.

• Francl27
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

never tried Kodiak cakes or never tried it with protein powder? either way, you gotta try it! I highly recommend PE Science Snickerdoodle protein powder, too!

With protein powder. Which Kodiak mix do you use? I have 3 of them... lol.

Might be breakfast for tomorrow!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Alright I used the Frontier mix with some Quest caramel powder. Can't believe how big and fluffy they got (I used 53g of mix, 24g of powder). Very tasty too. Thanks for the tip!
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Ok help me out here... So I'd never heard of 'Kodiak Cakes' so I googled it. I found a 'power cakes' protein packed flapjack and waffle mix. Is that the stuff? I don't get how one mix can make both waffles and flapjacks because they're so different. One is fluffy and cake like the other is made from oats, butter & syrup. Can anyone explain?