Does the Daily Calorie Allowance Change as You Lose Weight

Options
Hi, a quick questions for those in the know. Does the daily calorie allowance change as you loose a significant amount of weight (ie: every 10 or 20 pounds). I assume, to maintain the steady 1.5lbs per week loss, less calories would be needed for a 260lbs man that a 240 lbs man.

So far (18 pounds in) my daily allowance has remained constant at just over 2000 calories.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I've heard it updates but I don't wait for it. I go into my guided setup and have it reassign my calories every time I lose weight. Then the changes are incremental, often between twenty and thirty calories, instead of a more substantial drop.
  • WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You have to recalibrate MyFitnessPal yourself.

Yes, as you lose weight your allowance will reduce.
  • ynot1234567890
    ynot1234567890 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So basically I need to re-enter the fitness plan stuff? Lifestyle, activity level, etc.. And if I do that, does it remember my initial weight and those decent stats :smiley:
  • Marycycles
    Marycycles Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You do not need to do anything it will adjust itself. And believe me it is a sad day when it does!
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    So basically I need to re-enter the fitness plan stuff? Lifestyle, activity level, etc.. And if I do that, does it remember my initial weight and those decent stats :smiley:

It's all in there. On your "my home" page, select "goals". Guided setup is the fastest in my experience. If you've updated your weight, it's in there and you won't need to change anything.
  • ynot1234567890
    ynot1234567890 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    perfect thanks.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I think it used to prompt after every 10 lbs lost - if you use the default settings