Tattoo

Options

Replies

• PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Ex Presidents....
    Andrew Jackson, James Polk, And Teddy Roosevelt had ink. So did RH Macys, Thomas Edison, Winston Churchill and his mama. Czar Nicholas 2 of Russia had ink. Grace Kellys daughter Princess Stephanie of Monaco and Caroline Kennedy have ink too. JS
  • Crhan05
    Crhan05 Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Having ink doesn't make you any less of a person. I'm a nurse and I have ink. That doesn't make me less of a nurse. I have a lot of wisdom to take care of cancer patients. My boss has ink and my charge nurse has ink. Guess what? My team can rival any of the big hospitals any day because of the wisdom we contain. Our patients get the best of care. Yes age does bring wisdom but apparently it brings ignorance too.
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I don't have any tattoos. I'm into art, so I'm pretty uneasy with the idea of something permanent on myself without getting exactly what I want. I'm into macabre stuff so as far as tattoos go I have an artist in mind, and he is ideal for the kind of tattoo I want, but I just cant think of something crazy enough to this point lol Paul Booth is the artist
  • masonannable
    masonannable Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Have 8 now , and hoping to get my side of my neck done by fall . Plus my good friend is just starting to tattoo at a shop , so i was his first client lol
  • masonannable
    masonannable Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    [
    Crhan05 wrote: »
    Im really wanting some roses on my hip. I've thought about a feather on my rib but I'm indecisive

Go for it , from a guy point of view , that would look very
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    DonM46 wrote: »
    Just my opinion.
    My boss doesn't have ink.
    My pastor doesn't have ink.
    My Sunday School teacher doesn't have ink.
    My banker doesn't have ink.
    The guy from whom I bought my pickup doesn't have ink.
    The Little League coach doesn't have ink.
    My wife doesn't have ink.
    Come to think of it, I can't think of a personal friend who has ink.
    On the other hand:
    The janitor at the office has several tattoos.
    On the news, the mugshots of criminals have several.
    The homeless guy panhandling on the corner has ink; a lot.

Guess it just depends on whom one would like to emulate.
    Yeah, I'll be 70 in a few months.
    With age comes wisdom.

Judging people on whether or not they have ink is really not fair. My pastor doesn't have ink. His son does. My mom doesn't have ink but her dad did (navy).
    Like I said in my original comment to you, times are different now. Not all tattoos are created equal. So yeah a tweety bird on the back of your calf may not be the same as having your deceased father's signature or an anniversary date on your wrist. People do tattoos for lots of reasons (gang related, on a dare, memorial tattoos, or just because they like art). Lumping them all into the same "you must be trash/unwise" or whatever is just foolish.
  • trvshm
    trvshm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Most of the guys and girls defending and dying for your freedom have ink, Don.

I won't give you my bio (but I coach little league and provide anesthesia for a living) and I bet you'd be surprised by how many people you come into contact with daily have tattoos (yes even some pastors.)

I get your point but I don't see the wisdom! I wish you the best.
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I don't have any tattoos. I'm into art, so I'm pretty uneasy with the idea of something permanent on myself without getting exactly what I want. I'm into macabre stuff so as far as tattoos go I have an artist in mind, and he is ideal for the kind of tattoo I want, but I just cant think of something crazy enough to this point lol Paul Booth is the artist

then throw some random his way and i'm sure he could make you something perfect ;)
  • trollerskates
    trollerskates Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I need one on the right arm for balance
  • Gainz147
    Gainz147 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Yep I have 14 and I have one booked for next week
  • jbconnelly
    jbconnelly Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion.
    On the other hand:

With age comes wisdom.

I'm a banker. I have "ink" You don't know what's under this suit and tie.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion.
    On the other hand:

With age comes wisdom.

You, sir, are far too judgemental. Unless you have seen all those people you've mentioned without their clothes on, then you have no way of knowing if they have ink. If you think tattoos are a generational thing, or for that matter, an economic indication of one's station in life, you are sadly mistaken.
  • mikedenali
    mikedenali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and I love my tattoos, I find women with tattoos sexy and I even check out guys with tattoos. @DonM46, you're right I'm not a Doctor but I play one on TV. :o
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion.
    On the other hand:

With age comes wisdom.

I see where this man is coming from. I'm about 20 years shy of his 70, but when I was a "youngster" the only people who had ink were bikers, sailors, construction workers and criminals. It was sort of like a badge of "honor". Now-a-days, it's like who can get the most, or, "let me see how far I can rebel from my parents".

I don't look down on people with ink; hell, I fit all 4 of the criteria that I listed at one point in my life and have the ink to match it....but it is different.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »

Now-a-days, it's like who can get the most, or, "let me see how far I can rebel from my parents".

I think it's not even about rebelling these days. I think it's mostly a form of self expression.
    I got my first tattoo at 19, half of my life ago. I've been wanting another ever since so I'm getting another soon. Hopefully next week if they can squeeze me in. At 38 I'm past my rebellion stage
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    Options

then throw some random his way and i'm sure he could make you something perfect ;)
    true. He is a great artist, very unique imagination

• BreezyPeezy5
    BreezyPeezy5 Posts: 8,059 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I need help! I want a scarecrow but haven't found the perfect one yet. Some are too scary and some are too silly. Any artists here?