not enough protein

Options
any suggestions on how to add protein to a vegetarian diet?

Replies

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    What are your normal go-to sources of protein?

I'm partial to seitan, tofu, tempeh, Field Roast brand products, beans, legumes, and protein powders.

There are lots of different options including dairy products, greek yogurt, etc.

You're really only limited by what you like to eat.
  • nikkxjohnson
    nikkxjohnson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I get my protein from tofu, tempeh, veggies, and I use a protein powder in my oatmeal.
  • dropitlikeasquat87
    dropitlikeasquat87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'd say slightly increase your portion of protein for each meal until you hit your goal. You could also try adding a protein shake.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Eggs!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Hemp seed powder, pea powder shakes, rice powder shakes.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian. I get my protein from Orgain protein shakes a great start for the morning. I also do tofu, legumes, and egg whites. And organic cottage cheese which is delicious! So fresh tasting !
  • igonza9185
    igonza9185 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd say slightly increase your portion of protein for each meal until you hit your goal. You could also try adding a protein shake.

I use first premier protein chocolate shake from sams club. 30 grams of protein in each shake. 160 calories and it's delicious.
  • igonza9185
    igonza9185 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use first premier protein chocolate shake from sams club. 30 grams of protein in each shake. 160 calories and it's delicious.