100 lbs to lose in 8 Months

Options
Been going on a few weeks so far and I have made it a great step. 15 pounds down so far and so much more to go but not losing hope/faith to accomplish my goals!

Replies

• BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    That is a lot to lose in 8 months...100 pounds in 10 months might be a better goal..but I wish you success
  • zoepipa
    zoepipa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Go vegan!!!!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Good start :)
    Take care of yourself by setting reasonable goals.
  • Dove0804
    Dove0804 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the first 15 lbs! That's great! I support what you want to do, but please keep in mind that 100 lbs in 8 months is a REALLY aggressive goal. That's somewhere around the ballpark of 3 lb /week which is rarely recommended. It's going to be extremely difficult to keep up that rate especially as you continue lose weight.
    I know everyone wants to have lost weight yesterday, myself included, but be careful about setting yourself up to fail. People tend to have better long-term results when they go at a more maintainable pace.
    Please take care of yourself, and good luck!! Best of wishes to you!
  • michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the lifestyle changes you have made so far, your goal is very aggressive, try to focus on the success you are having - whether you meet your timetable or not.
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    zoepipa wrote: »
    Go vegan!!!!

I agree at least go Vegan 95% eating plant based also and less processed foods you will see it melt away! You can add me to your friends if you would like.
  • TheHappyLoser
    TheHappyLoser Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I think we -you and me- will lose heavily at first, because we are so overweight, after a while it will slow down. I am thrilled with my progress so far, but I know that there will be weeks when nothing will change. It's a forever change...not just a quick fix.

It took me 5 years to gain it, so it might take me 5 years to lose it. In the end it won't matter as long as I will hit my goal.
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Keep eating at a caloric deficit. Weight loss comes from calories in vs calories out. Not whether or not you eat vegan.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to lose 100 pounds in 8 months??

A slower weight loss is a lot healthier weight loss and keep it off easier. A faster weight loss leads to skinny fat, unhealthy hair and skin, etc.

Took me 2 years and 9 months to lose 121 pounds, but it was healthy weight loss and now kept it off for all most 2 years now.

But good luck anyways.