Need encouragement to fight this weight loss

Options
Hello everyone. I am a 43 year old mother of three. I am about 50lbs over weight. I have tried weight watchers, atkins, and calorie counting but can't lose my weight. I am looking into the gluten-free diet at this point. Any suggestions and support is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Crissy

Replies

• AllSUMLIFE
    AllSUMLIFE Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this!
  • mariapamboris21
    mariapamboris21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You don't need a fancy diet, I tried those too! Clean, healthy eating is how you can make a difference. Vegetables and lean meats are the best solutions
  • Anaris2014
    Anaris2014 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    A gluten free diet is, as far as I know, unlikely to provide actual health benefits unless you have coeliac disease (an autoimmune disorder that is triggered by gluten (a protein found in some grains, such as wheat)).

That said, you can do this. With the right diet and support you can achieve what you want to achieve. It doesn't need to be a fad diet. Best of luck. If you follow something like the gluten free diet you may restrict foods that you would otherwise be able to enjoy, and that may make it more difficult to succeed.

Welcome and best of luck!
  • js8181
    js8181 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yes, gluten free is good if you have gluten allergy/celiac. It won't necessarily help you lose weight. I find eating more veggies and fruits, plus more protein and complex carbs, plus serious cardio 4-5 times a week does it. That's how I lost 20 pounds three years ago. I gained it back, sadly, but am doing it again to lose it.
  • GolfingDad5
    GolfingDad5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have had good luck eating clean combined with drinking lots of water. I started out walking and running a couple days a week and have built up to working out in the gym 5 days a week and running 4 to 5 times a week now. It has been a complete lifestyle change for me. I've lost a total 20 pounds and 3.5 inches in my waist.
  • nurdydee
    nurdydee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to start doing this in a week: Don't eat things that come in bags, boxes or cans 6 days a week. On your day of plan your meals for the week make sure you have all the ingredients you need. - I've been cutting things out bit by bit. First no more cheesecake (my most horrid trigger food) then no more crisps, then I cut out most refined sugar, now I have to work on fast food.
  • Crissy031973
    Crissy031973 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I guess it really does help to have people cheering you on. My worst addiction is breakfast on the way to work and my husband's cooking, which is awesome. But if I can control those two I know I can do it.
  • _treehugger74
    _treehugger74 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    nurdydee wrote: »
    I'm planning to start doing this in a week: Don't eat things that come in bags, boxes or cans 6 days a week. On your day of plan your meals for the week make sure you have all the ingredients you need. - I've been cutting things out bit by bit. First no more cheesecake (my most horrid trigger food) then no more crisps, then I cut out most refined sugar, now I have to work on fast food.

That is a great plan! I do really well at work even with a bowl of candy sitting not 20 feet from me all day. It's when I get home and graze in the evening. That is my challenge for myself ... we got this!
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I love new friends :)<3 XOXOXO